Page 4 of 4
Mazda Engine Swaps \  small block 350

small block 350

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7873
replies 37
following 14

maniacalmini   +1y
What radiator (stock style) would be recommended for this swap? I know it’s an old post but it’s the most relevant to my swap. Thanks
maniacalmini   +1y
photos
post photo
sincitylocal   +1y
I am using a '91 Firebird radiator. I had to build a mounting system for it, and it's so wide the bumper brackets had to come out. Now the bumper is just cosmetic, and I just built mounting tabs to hang it on the core support.
maniacalmini   +1y
An update on mine. I bought a 3 core aluminum rad off eBay. Looks great just figuring out the lower rad hose now. Outlet on rad is a bit smaller than the water pump and the stock GM lower hose doesn’t clear the manual fuel pump or have the correct bends (ordered for Nova same as radiator). Boo. May have to go with flex.
post photo
maniacalmini   +1y
A bit close. It’s covered with cardboard. So there’s another 3/8” clearance there.
post photo
maniacalmini   +1y
Got her in but have a question about the driveshaft. What did your shaft cost to make and did you keep it 2 piece for you Ext can guys? I did have my driveshaft shortened 1/2” in the past. Are there parts that I can get together to make it easier/cheaper? TIA.
post photo
sincitylocal   +1y
I originally used a front Chevy shaft(cut to fit) welded to the Mazda yoke going into the carrier bearing. I've since swapped in a 10 bolt LSD 3:23 gear, and now my shaft is a junk yard 2 piece from a Chevy truck cut down to fit.