Page 2 of 4
Mazda Engine Swaps \  small block 350

small block 350

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7874
replies 37
following 14

jc50942   +1y
someone on here told me they used a pathfinder axle and it worked out pretty good. As far as wiring...you wont need much if you are going old school gen 1 setup carburated. besides your lighting, there is a heavy gauge black wire with a yellow strip i belive that i used for the starter....other than that i ran all new for everything else. Used a one wire alternator to make it simple.
jc50942   +1y
really all you need is a test light and you can figure it all out.
oo7bob   +1y
that link i posted earlier addresses all the wiring. read all of it, you will learn a lot. oops it does not. sorry
tycashton23   +1y
well if everything goes good this wek i should be starting on saturday. hopefully you can see the pictures i attempted to put up. i bought the truck completely stock and it needed help, daily drove it for 5 months and the stock 2.0 got a bad rod knock so i retired it tell i can finnish the 350.
post photo
post photo
post photo
tycashton23   +1y
i wish those instructions had better pictures im a very visual learner but the info on that link will be very helpful thank you.
ram23   +1y
Im curious on doing an engine swap aswell and will be following it, I will help as much as possible. Thanks anyone helping
jc50942   +1y
there are plenty of 350 gen 1 swaps on here so there is plenty of info...i think someone did an LT1. Im thinking i might pull mine and put an LS series motor in....either way...you should find all you need here.
ram23   +1y
Ya thx for thanks for that, I think I may do a Ford 4.0L from a Explorer so this will just be the basics not a template for me
tycashton23   +1y
got my small block 350 .030 over and 350 trans on tuesday. i should have some pictures on saturday or friday to update with the materials ive acumulated thus far.
topless   +1y
4.0?if your going for mileage may as well go with v8! 4.0 imo not that great ! I got one! In a ford!