Page 4 of 86
Mazda Projects \  ***SkrapinSask from stock to layin frame***

***SkrapinSask from stock to layin frame***

Mazda Projects
views 147600
replies 852
following 95

90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y

so they didn't use the bolt flange? hope you dont ever need to take it apart for whatever reason... you will have to cut it apart and then have it welded up again.
bgdb26k   +1y
looks great man!!!
paparoach1983   +1y
dang man you got some work to do. lol. take plenty of pics
con$truktive   +1y
nice n clean build for ur 1st airred project
ill b on the look out for progress updates lol
skrapinsask   +1y
Thanks guys I've been staying motivated especially when i have to stare at this pile of ride ride parts in my basement. I definitely have a lot of work ahead of me this summer. I'm very new to air so this project will take me a little longer than most of you guys but I'm looking forward to starting the suspension and hopefully making it to some shows within the next few years. Before any of the air components are installed i will be welding in the front inner fenders and raising the bed floor. I forgot to add the pace setter header was an early Christmas present from the girlfriend

Pictures will be kept to a MAX
skrapinsask   +1y
Stopped in the shop early this morning and bolted up the header with some new studs,washers,lock washers and nuts. I was determined to get my truck running with the new Weber and after bleeding all the air from the fuel line the truck turned over quickly. But Damn with that open Pace Setter Header and what seamed to be a VERY high idle was that little motor ever loud! It's a good feeling to know the motor is running flawless after pulling out all that useless EGR equipment with no complications.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Congrats on getting it running! Little motors can bark pretty loud when fully uncorked. I am amazed that Mazda felt it necessary to put 2 cats on these truck from the factory. No wonder they ran like poo stock.
skrapinsask   +1y

Everything but the Weber carburetor and pacesetter Header
was ordered from Brian at Illusive Fabrication and Design
skrapinsask   +1y
Well is been snowing lots here and i have been putting in a lot of double time OT hours at work. I stopped in the garage last night and tuned the Weber properly and everything sounding great. I have about 9 days off here for the holidays so when i'm not getting called into work i hope to have some more progress up soon.