Page 3 of 86
Mazda Projects \  ***SkrapinSask from stock to layin frame***

***SkrapinSask from stock to layin frame***

Mazda Projects
views 147599
replies 852
following 95

skrapinsask   +1y
Thanks! I will be sure to keep the pictures to a max. Well I'm off work until Monday and I'm looking into a few things i can do to my truck that wont affect its mobility. My switch box came in the mail today and i also got a call from the shop that my pacesetter header has arrived, DAMN i ordered that on Monday! I'll probably pick the header up Friday morning and install it shortly after. I think i will have to weld up the collector to the existing exhaust as well. I'm still waiting for my fuel pressure regulator until i try to start my truck with the new Carburetor. As much as i like sitting here and staring at all he parts that i arrived i don't get to have to real fun until i get to install them in the spring. The weather here has only been about minus 20 C* the last few days so getting that garage heated up and and getting work done wont be a problem.

baddawg253   +1y
good project! killer start !
skrapinsask   +1y
Hey guys i ran out to performance plus this morning a grabbed my pace setter header. Hit up the shop on the way home and kicked on the radiant heater to max. After removing my factory manifold i realized the Pace setter was not going to fit withing modification. I had to cut out a rectangle from the outer trans bell housing.

factory manifold that had to go

factory manifold VS pace setter

I had to remove the support bracket and cut this area out from the automatic trans

dirty engine bay covered in grinding dust, pace setter is just siting on studs awaiting hardware
skrapinsask   +1y
still waiting for my pro fuel inline regulator before i start it up without all EGR equipment \
my O2 sensor was connected by 2 strands of wire right at the manifold so i will have to pick up a new one.
DAMN 68 dollars from partsource
89mazdawg(daniel)   +1y

i dont have the O2 sensor on mine anymore. correct me if im wrong, but isn't it tied into the emissions? and if so it wouldn't be needed anymore with the weber carb
skrapinsask   +1y
With every single other import i have owned once the O2 sensor was disconnected the vehicle ran very poorly, but that was with EGR equipment intact. I beleive the trucks computer needs the O2 sensor for air to fuel mixtures. You are driving your truck around with no O2 sensor and its running fine? I was told by a veteran forum member to remove everything connected to the EGR harness on the passenger side of the bay and the O2 sensor does run into that harness.

I was sure the O2 sensor was vital
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
just an fyi.... the o2 sensor goes to the comp and changes the way the STOCK carb preformes.... since you dont have the stock carb none of the wiring is hooked up to the computer...... so the o2 is completely useless it will just be sitting there looking silly... buy a brass plug and plug the o2 hole off. buying an o2 sensor is a waste of money.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
oh and anothet thing, was you expecting a direct fit with the header and auto? because its clearly listed in most sites that its for maunal trans. and theres alot of post here on the site that it wont fit auto without some mods.
skrapinsask   +1y
Its great to know i wont have to waste money on a new 02 sensor. I have never owned a carburated vehicle before so its a bit of a surpise to me the O2 sensor is useless once the factory carb is swapped out.
Thanks for the explanation.

I actually had no idea when i ordered the header, so it was a bit of a surprise when it didn't bolt up. It wasn't a big deal for me to have to cut up the side of the bell housing a little to get it to fit properly. I never caught the thread where it said it didn't bolt up to automatic trucks but this is still much better than the factory manifold.
89mazdawg(daniel)   +1y

yeah, i have a weber carb and pacesetter header on mine. no O2 sensor. and for my header, the shop that put it on didn't use the tail flange that came with it, they just welded straight pipe from the end of the header to the muffler. that way there was no hole that needed to be plugged