Page 2 of 3
Mazda Audio \  Subwoofers installed.

Subwoofers installed.

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3046
replies 23
following 6

chaserjohndoe   +1y
I will say this if you can hear it outside the vehicle it's too damn loud. And yes I have a sub and amp set up in my truck. You shouldn't force others to listen to your bass.
lowlyfe   +1y

If it's too loud then you're too old
xxchromeghostxx   +1y

Then they should not listen, yeah I could hook my subs directly to my headunit, and have very nice audible bump inside, but none outside, but the point of me putting the system in my car is so that I can force other people to hear my bass. and the fact it makes me vibrate like a permanent massage chair in ya truck
chaserjohndoe   +1y

don't call old you wiper snappers.
spacemonkee23   +1y
So the 3 prong switch is installed somewhere in your B already? can you take it out and see if it is wired to anything, maybe prev owner wired something to it (old fog lights or elec. fan?) any unplugged/cut wires in the cab or engine bay that may lead to it? you can wire the 3 prong to work as a 2 prong if it is not controlling something already.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Well i traced the toggle down last night, fun times in the dark, thankfully i have a few under house work lights left over from doing hvac work. so wasn't to bad. but it's ran to a box ( Fuse?) will get pics this evening job interview today thankfully. but it's to the fog lights, not even connected at the fog lights or hooked to a power source. i hooked the power to the battery and flipped the toggle, the box that it's connected sounded like it pulled in, it ticked and let off when i flipped the toggle off. i think the lights in the fog light themselves are blown i wired them together and either way i switched the wires they wouldn't come on. Not a biggies really, i found a valance i want to get so i may remove the lights and re-insert the mesh style grille filler in place and just use exsisting toggle as a two prong as you said Spacemonkee.
spacemonkee23   +1y
Sounds like its a relay that it goes to.

From the info I have I'm gonna take a guess and say this is close to what you have

thread post photo

Most likely it is a Bosch style relay like this...

thread post photo

If you take the fogs out I recommend removing all the wiring and components (The relay) that belong to the "aftermarket" circuit (except the switch you will be reusing). It looks much cleaner.

Personally I hate when there are random unused wires, relays, etc, in cars. Plus if down the road you sell it, the next owner won't have a mess of wiring laying around, or try to connect something to power an blow a bunch of fuses (or worse start a fire!) that's just my $0.02
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
thread post photo

This is the relay ( sorry i couldn't think of the name at the time) i know it's grounded and which is power, but the inline fuse ( yellow box ) is a wire to nothing?
it's not what makes the relay contact when the toggle is flipped.

thread post photo

Blazer italian made relay? lol wtf

thread post photo

the toggle inside the truck

thread post photo
spacemonkee23   +1y
Okay... here we go!

So it looks like an LED switch (which may be burnt out). The 3 prong toggle switch is a single pole-single throw with LED. The ground circuit is only for the LED.

One of the wires goes to Ignition, that powers the LED and transfers power to the circuit when the button is pushed. (picture may be different as far as the toggle switch is wired depending on what prong does what - should be labeled, GND, IGN, LOAD - or you can take a DMM to it)

The last prong as you may have guessed goes to the relay, this is a separate usually lower amp circuit that switches/clicks the higher amp circuit in the relay on, this is the power side of the switch. The ground at the relay is only for the toggle switch circuit. (Like in the pic below)

The inline fused wire at the relay is a separate power source/circuit for the fog lights them selves.

A relay uses a low amp circuit to switch on/off a High amp circuit. You have a relay that is the same concept as the Bosch one I posted earlier.

If there is no fuse in the Fog light circuit then the lights wont turn on BUT the relay will still switch because of the separate power and ground that controls it.

If you put a fuse in the holder and connect that wire to a power source the fogs should turn on if they are correctly grounded. like in the pic below (make sure you check that all the wires are correctly hooked up before you do this. There might have been an issue with them before - which may be why its disconnected).

Follow this picture and make sure everything is wired correctly, then you can still use your fogs, and just put in another switch for the subs somewhere like under the dash, or next to that one

thread post photo

Be careful and good luck, this is not exact as I can't look at everything in person so make sure you know where all the wires go. oh and don't trust aftermarket wire colors. The previous owner may have used the same color wire for different things, I've seen some people use the same color wire EVERYWHERE for their "aftermarket" jobs (makes it really confusing).... having said that I hope I wasn't too confusing.

I can clear up anything you need me too.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
No not confusing at all very well written thank you. i'm sure it's poperly grounded ( onto a bolt on the inside of the passenger fender with a shaved contact area around it ( i i sanded out around it to the bare metal.) but the inline fuse had a good fuse in it i just removed it and set it aside, never thought it would be for anything....
]that being said, could i splice this into the wire that when connected to the battery makes the relay contact? or should i just buy two separate uhhh derp moment sorry round metal connector you slip wire inside crimp it and can drop it over your battery post.(EDIT) Also, it has a ground and power wire i assume ( going to ohm test each one ) but your diagram shows the fog light grounded to the frame i assume? o if it has a ground wire just use that? and would i destroy the light if i hooked it up the wrong way or would it just not turn on? Sorry for all questions just i don't like diving in where umptenth hands have been it sucks lol. but i'm slowly getting everything cleaned out.