Subwoofers installed.

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3042
replies 23
following 6

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

Right now I have a 12" Dual 500 watt speaker and a 10" Pioneer 600 watt speaker, the Dual will be replaced very soon with a Pioneer 720 watt 12" sub, this is just two subs i caught a deal on and snagged.

The box isa custom one i made from 1" thick plywood, I re installed my backseat brackets and mounted it to them as they where layed flat out seats down. they are more to the passenger side as i have to have my seat all the way slid back, and the seat leaned pretty far back to get comfy. otherwise my passenger can deal lmao, but can still slide seat all way back just only lean so far before ya get near the speakers.

my question is my truck already has a toggle switch, never have used a toggle before. and was curious as to how i could run my amps power wire into it? They have kinda strict sound laws in my county after 9pm and would like to be able to flip it off just to avoid the hassle with police. any help would be appreciated. and the drivers door panels is off cause i'm missing the small piece around my lock, and sometimes it wiggles and locks me in lmao, rather than risk destroying my panel i'm leaving it off till i find that lil piece that goes around the lock.
lowlyfe   +1y
Easy. google images search for wiring a toggle switch... simple simple simple
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Google is nice yes, but when yu have someone you can discuss with back n forth it helps me better that way is all.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Alright well what I got was this, I know mines three pronged, so one is grunded, one is for power ( probably use same wire that powers my headunit, just splice into it.) and a what i wanna power wire, this would be the remote wire to my amp, and would that be as far as i run the remote wire or? and would it matter the gauge wire ran to and from the toggle switch?
norcallumps   +1y
or just hit the pause or mute button like we did back in the day...
lowlyfe   +1y
Yea remote wire would end at the toggle switch. Use like 14 gauge to power and ground the toggle.
spacemonkee23   +1y
What kind of switch is it, there are a few different types of 3 prong switches.

3 prong on/off with LED (single pole, single throw, with LED)

3 prong load switching (double pole, single throw)

3 prong load switching with center rest (double pole, triple throw)

etc etc.

First find out what kind of switch it is then wiring help can be provided. you don't wanna fry anything. They are all wired differently.

post a pic of the switch if you can.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
lol, pause button cancels the music, i just need be able to turn my bass off at night not my whole radio. and i'll post a pic tomorrow to dark right now get a good one.
spacemonkee23   +1y
check if your head unit has a sub volume control. mine has a sub up or down volume that will mute it if turned all the way down. just a thought.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
No i know it doesn't have one of those, but i've looked up other toggles, and think i'm going to connect a 2 pronged one and just use my remote wire to and from the toggle that way, rather hate having cut another slot out for it, but not sure what the three prong is hooked too, it's just there lmao. hooked up ( at the switch atleast) an does nothing i've found out so far.