views 3580
replies 24
following 14

baggedtwenty   +1y
naw the beams work just fine..
roach25681   +1y
Most likely the flasher.
miked   +1y
i just had that same problem, it happen to be the fuse called, meter or some crap, on the top left.. lol
nonamedsomebody   +1y
If it is left on for a min or two it will blow the meter fuse I have no idea why it does it but I buy 10A fuses by the bulk..
missed.a.leter   +1y
Hey guys this is my first post so take it easy haha.
I have the same problem with my truck(no blinker nor hazards. not even on the dash) and im trying to figure out where the switch that works these two lights is. All the fuses are new and not blown and my bulbs are new so i narrowed it down to the switch and im going to clean and lube it to see what happens. So is the switch in the steering column? and if it is how would i go about taking it appart to clean and lube?

sorry for the wall of text...
also i have an 89 b2200 if that helps
Cusser   +1y
The hazard switch is on the top right of the steering column, I think I'd start with that over the turn signal switch (which is inside the combination switch, which requires steering wheel removal to get at). Because if the flashers aren't working, monkeying with the turn signal switch is not going to help anyone !!

The flasher relay is a green rectangular box, under the dashboard on driver side. But don't go blindly buying parts, check for voltage to the switch, to the flasher relay, etc. first.
missed.a.leter   +1y
thanks ill post results when I get a chance to open it up
mymmeryloss   +1y

So if the hazards are working but not turn signals then i would need to get into the combo switch correct and not get a flasher relay?
Cusser   +1y

I believe so, they share the same flasher unit, think it's only got two or three terminals.

Wait for someone else more familiar with this to post though.
mymmeryloss   +1y

That makes sense though. I was pretty sure i needed to tear into the column to fix my turn signal issue. Just wanted to get some feedback.