Page 3 of 3
Mazda Audio \  Finally moved the stereo up under the vents

Finally moved the stereo up under the vents

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3549
replies 25
following 10

speed_cult   +1y

The head unit is usually secured using the "cage" (also called a sleeve sometimes), the metal cage around the head unit slides off, mount it by itself in the opening first and while holding it in place, pry the tabs that are closest to the panel outwards until all 4 sides are secure. Then pull your wires/ant/rca's/etc. through and plug in the unit and do a quick sound check to make sure everything works. If it's all good, slide head unit into hole (don't go there pervert LOL) until you hear/feel it click. It should fit good and snug but not tight. Too tight and it can be a pain for you to remove if you ever should have to. Also anyone hell bent on stealing it will rip the dash apart anyways. Sorry for the lesson, but as an installer I've seen plenty of people do it wrong then get so fed up they take it to a shop to fix it.
richl73   +1y
Hey Mike you live in Canada, isn't it always cold there? I don't know I've never been there
midnightmike   +1y
ya its old here only in the winter
madbagger   +1y
hey mike how'd u get that part of the dash off? did u have to take the whole thing off and seperate them? and how do you take out the little pod thingy that the old cassette player? thanks nice tv
team haymaker   +1y
yeah i saw mikes dash the other night, and it looks awsome, those guages are bright blue, if only i didntdrive mine in the winter

finally got my radio up there too, took out the vents and put guages in there, i dont use those vents anyways
madbagger   +1y
i put m cd player up there sunday it looks and plays great