Page 1 of 3
Mazda Audio \  Finally moved the stereo up under the vents

Finally moved the stereo up under the vents

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3540
replies 25
following 10

richl73   +1y
For all you guys who said it was a easy job... my hat goes off to you 'cause it was a pain in the d**k! I got it though after 2.5 hours. I had to cut alot of stuff to get it to fit. The only problem is it won't slide all the way back unless I ditch the trim ring that goes around my stereo but it looks like sh*t with out it so I left it out about an inch.. any ideas to fill the gaps on the sides?
richl73   +1y
with all the metal I had to cut out of there, I could've made 50 cents at the scrap yard...LOL I'll post some pics to let you guys know what I mean
2fine89   +1y
did you heat up you ducting and encourag it to move back a bit ?? use a heat gun to slowly heat up the ducting and use a 2X6 to reshape it abit to give you more depth.
thetornado   +1y
...moved the topic to audio/interior. so what are you going to be doing in the bottom where the stock place for the radio goes?
drpdmazda   +1y
you can either throw some abs plastic in there or fiberglass it, i have my radio in the same place and am gonna glass it in after i get a radio that is a little newer

heres some pics of the radio and what i put in the factory location

thetornado   +1y
it seems so low to put a screen down there, and i would think it would be hard to see with the shifter there. what do you have hooked up to it?
richl73   +1y
I thought about doing a cd holder thing maybe or when I get my siruis radio reciever I was gonna make something custom so it will fit in there, but I really don't know yet. Yeah I did heat up the ducts so I couild get it all the way back if I wanted to, but my radio looks like sh*t without the trim ring that goes around it. So I have the trim piece on my radio and it sticks out about an inch.. might be more like a 3/4 of an inch. I could cut the top and bottom off my trim piece and glue the sides on, that way I can push my radio all the way back. I figure something out
drpdmazda   +1y

its really not hard to see at all, the angle on it is just right, i have a dvd player and my reverse camera hooked up to it and i can see both of them perfectly, well the dvd player when im parked wink wink lol
madbagger   +1y
how did you secure your cd player in there or is it just suck a tigh fit that it stays?
richl73   +1y
Let me put it this way.. you need a freakin pry bar to get that thing out!..lol