Page 3 of 5
Mazda Exterior \  Bodydrop pics

Bodydrop pics

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 13117
replies 47
following 24

dropped90(justin)   +1y
stock floor body drop or sfbd is when you make a frame for the truck whether its a full frame or firewall back frame. This frame is alot shorter than stock giving you a body drop. Also some people cut down there factory frames to make them shorter giving you the same effect. This also means that you dont have to cut the floor in your cab giving you a stock floor.

Traditional body drop is when you actually cut the floor out of the cab and let the cab around it fall level to the bottom of the frame giving you your body drop.

Z'ing the frame can be done with either one of these.

Some people do a combination of the two so that they can accomplish alot of body drop but try to keep as much cab space as they can.

-Justin
hunterw   +1y
justin.....i drug my crossmember down lol. its still not 100 percent flat but its damn close. but now im replacing it with a a tubular xmember and going to shave it down a little more. so that it does lay flat
stantheman   +1y

I think that is how mine lays flat too! lol
dropped90(justin)   +1y
well that is one way i guess haha. seems like to me though the crossmember is like an inch below the frame. thats alot of draggin!!!!!

-justin
neverending   +1y
body drops are gay

soon to be bodydropped bahahahaha
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y

i may be wrong but from my experience....In order get it level you Z the frame or cut and plate it. i z'd mine to make it level with the frame. then body dropped it. im not sure if it matters which order depending on what type of bd you are doing. due to tubs, clearance, etc
Post was last edited on May 01, 2011 11:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
neverending   +1y
interesting
dropped90(justin)   +1y
z'ing it is the way alot of people do it and it works great. but was just wondering how these people did it to theres.

-Justin
dropped90(justin)   +1y
bump

-Justin
bagged2.2   +1y
Zing takes work..... I drug mine down. Plan to cut it out and put some square steel in its place