Page 2 of 5
Mazda Exterior \  Bodydrop pics

Bodydrop pics

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 13115
replies 47
following 24

hunterw   +1y
actually..i did whats called a traditional bodydrop. its where you cut the floor out and lower the cab.

then there is a stock floor bodydrop which is where you actually either rebuild the frame or cut the top or bottom of the frame and lower it like that. (move the body mounts etc)

then there is channeling the frame. where you cut your floor out just where the frame runs and just box it in
onebadkota   +1y
U beat me to it ^^^
fuknlow25   +1y
<<<<<<<<<<did a traditional also
stantheman   +1y

Think mine is a 3 inch traditional. It was all done well before I got it so no build pics.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
okay can everybody try to get pics on some concrete or asphault because everything looks bodied in the grass haha.

-Justin
stantheman   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

How bout that? lol
dropped90(justin)   +1y
thanks alot man that is much better. That is one simple clean sexy truck by the way.

-Justin
stantheman   +1y
Thanks bro, just wait till I get my bonspeeds fitted.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
So all of you guys that are laying flat body from front to back how did you do it? because typically the front sticks up a little higher due to the front crossmember being lower than the frame on these trucks.

-Justin
charlesskelter   +1y

I edited my prior post due to being wrong. But I do have a coupe questions:

By your definition every custom built or z'd frame truck qualifies as a stock floor body drop, correct?

I have always been told traditional was a channel (dubbed traditional due to the fact hot rodders have used this method for many, many years) and every group uses their own terminology. Which to me makes perfect sense.

Where can I find all the definitive terms and definitions so I avoid spreading any misinformation? Thanks for setting me straight on the terms.