threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda Exterior \  suicide doors - worth the trouble?

suicide doors - worth the trouble?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 4609
replies 28
following 11

shapinoweno   +1y
Hey guys,
I have been looking towards suicide doors for a while, but i have a couple q's.
1: How come you cant just use the stock hinges relocated to the rear of the door?
Is this because they will not swing a full 90 deggres?

2: also is there any other companies you can recremend for a kit? suicide doors kit is very expensive (i know it is probley woth it) i was looking for something cheaper.

also thanks for metioning about the air flow, i never even thought about the doors opening, Shit man if they opened on the freeway that would be all bad.
Thanks guys.
peace
baha   +1y
Hey guys, I realy don't understand what is so important about the number of posts you have, it doesn't mean anything other then you just have that many posts, theres nothing wrong with posting comments, and your opinions. Ive read bagged_mazda's last 10 or so posts and see nothing wrong with them, this is a discussion board to nothing wrong with that
thetornado   +1y
im with ya on that Baha. just because someone posts a short comment doesnt mean they dont know anything or dont care. some people dont always like to post as much as others. and if you have a problem with someone, you dont have to announce it, just PM them and let them know what you think.
2fine89   +1y
the neatest thing I have seen is on an extended cab model, one door was suicide and the other side was normal BUT had a third door cut into the extended cab to open up. Looked awesome.
paul42   +1y

I really dont care about general discussions and stuff but when it comes to peoples threads where they are looking specific help short usless comments dont do any good. Bagged_Mazda had 107 posts in 4 days. I can care less if people post alot as long as its something that is helping out the thread.
paul42   +1y

The stock hinges wont allow the door to come out away from the side of the truck when it swings out. When a door swings normal the front of it tucks into the side of the truck behind the fender but there is no room for that behind the door. if you want to do it aa little more inexpensive way I have heard of people using hinges off old barndoor style SUVs. I think it was the back doors of some old jeep or suburban. Mazda doors are fairly light so you dont need the most heavy duty hinges on the market.
thetornado   +1y
thats understandable. i can see where you are coming from Paul. that does seem like a lot of posting in 4 days.
shapinoweno   +1y
cool, is there anywhere on-line that i can find a hinge kit? other than sucide doors?
Thanks
drpdmazda   +1y

bro honestly, suicide doors is one of the cheapest you will get but it is by far in my opinion the best you can get, it is no bullshit wimpy little kit, my boy put a set on his s-dime and they are nice as hell, strong as shit too dont cheap out on a major part like that, you will regret it in the long run when they start to act up or worse yet sag, just do it right the first time, trucst me im speaking from expierience dont try and cut corners, if you cant afford the best, just be patient and save up and do it as a winter project
mullet   +1y
but let the record be shown other online stores do offer the kit.. in example autoloc.. however i'm getting a suicidedoors kit
Mike