threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Exterior \  suicide doors - worth the trouble?

suicide doors - worth the trouble?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 4607
replies 28
following 11

mullet   +1y
I'm thinking about doing suicide doors on my daily driver at the end of summer and was wondering if its really worth the work or not? Anyone experienced with doing it to a mazda and how much of a pain in the ass it was? Thanks for the help.
Mike
bagged_mazda   +1y
its alot of work but its worth it...
paul42   +1y

Bagged Mazda,
Do you have a truck with suicide doors or have you ever installed suicide doors or for that matter even saw a truck with suicide doors. You seem to be posting alot of useless posts to get your count up. I'll have to get the admins to knock it back down.

Mullet,

Anyways, I have suicide doors on my S-10. I really dont recommend them for a daily driver. If you try them yourself in theory they arent too hard but you have to take alot of time to get them lined up right. You will also be not fully sealed around the door because the hinges are recessed into the inside of the door. Then you also to worry about if they will pop open with the air getting forced into the front jam. I have a double claw system on mine and have not had a problem but you never know. Does this help any? I dont want to discourage you from them though because they are my favorite mod. I just want you to be aware of what you will get into.
drpdmazda   +1y
i agree, i have never done suicide doors personally but have seen my friend go through it on his s-10 they are an awesome mod, but arent something you are going to knock out on a saturday night with a case of beer, definately do your research first, i think suicide doors has a tech article about them as well, and also i know that autoloc.com sells a set up that locks the doors when they are closed to prevent them from opening so i think i towuld be worth it personally if you have the time and patience,
good luck either way
mullet   +1y
O i defenatly understand the risks involved with the door swinging open and all.. I figued i could either do a double latch or a lock like you guys hve mentioned. I also undersand that each pic in the ssd.com tech means a day not an hour thats how we estimate in FL
Mike
bagged_mazda   +1y
dude all i was saying is that it is hard...no i have not done it but i was gonna do it and the guy explained it to me on how to install and i passed on that...
slammed91b5000   +1y

true that...
haha someone had to say it, and i was going to if you didnt.
baha   +1y
I am the KING of useless posts :LOL: lmao j/k

I would say they are useless for daily driving, I mean think about it if some one parks close enough to you its impossible to get in your truck because you have to not only squeeze inbetween the door and cab but also you have to climb around the dash
paul42   +1y

Read #1 and #3
1. Tech - Only post tech info from first hand experience, no "Hear Say" information.
2. Open Minds - Try to keep an open mind while using the forums. No one single Opinion is correct, and everyone might not agree with you 100% of the time. It is not to be taken personal.
3.Attention Whores - Do not be one, What is an attention whore? Its someone who feels the need to post pictures after every common place thing they perform on their truck. Some examples are posting new pictures everytime their truck gets washed, after they take off mudflaps, changing oil etc. You will probably be flamed for doing this by not only members but also the Mods and Admin.
Have a good time! Baha-MazdaBscene.com Admin

Now slow down on the posts......whore.
thetornado   +1y
sounds like we got some aggresive boys here. hahaha
i wanted to suicide mine also mullet, but i decided not to since its going to be my daily driver and we get crazy weather here in Western PA.
i also dont think i have enough fabbing experience to go suicide yet.