Page 3 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  looking for a low drop

looking for a low drop

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3634
replies 26
following 11

1hotdawg   +1y
LoL wow dudes trust us, no big write up needed. Just look under your truck at just a little past the front of the door (toward the middle of door), and inside the frame rails and you can't miss it. It's the only BIG bolt there, goin through a bracket tied to a long rod looking thing goin to the front a-arm area.

To do the blocks in the rear, just follow the directions that come with the blocks for lowering. It's quite easy. Hardest part was gettin the notches on the axle and the blocks to match up, but that wasn't even hard lol.

Here's mine riding on the front bumpstops and 3" blocks in the rear:

And how she sits now with 5"s of block in the rear, and twisted torsions with all bumpstops removed, and air shocks on the rear. (Yes I will someday remove most of the leaves and get rid of the blocks. I did remove the "helper" spring though, as it was too thick to bolt the shackles on lol.)

Trust us when we say it's easy! $30 for 3" block set for the rear, and you're sittin pretty. If they got 4" blocks get them lol. I only wanted to go down another inch from my 3" blocks, but they didn't have 1" or 4" blocks, so I had to add 2" ones to it to give me a full 5" drop in the back. I do adjust it up a little with my air shocks, cuz I don't like hittin the frame and axle together. Gonna c-notch one day

I'm still gonna flip my front b/j's too

Good article here bout flipping the BJ's:

BTW I am neg cambered probably 1-1.5 degree's up front, and still need to get alignment done soon.

I run 195/50/16's front, and 205/60/16's in the rear. I like this set up quite nicely, and can tuck all 4 wheels with this wheel and tire combo if I wanted.

Good luck, let us know how gos.
miked   +1y
whats the height in inchs of both those tires?
1hotdawg   +1y
I'll have to check that some time today. I used to have the "formula" to do the math, but don't now
mazdabob   +1y
this is very easy to do like every one said 30 bucks will take care of the cost and you can get your truck low with this and it you want it really low rekey the bars witch involes taking them off but very easy my advise is to put the truck up on stands and go after it you will see i dropped mine this way and a friends after i knew how to do it in about 30 min of coursr i knwo have bag on all four coners so it is allways laid out but i would just go out and try it
blare   +1y
I just picked my mazda up. It was monoleafed in the rear with a 3 inch block riding bumpstops on the rear. It rides like shit on the highway feels like a damn wooden roller coaster, but if the roads smooth it aint to bad. I deffiently wouldnt do it on my daily but thats me.
mark   +1y
yea, im bout to upload em pics on the gallery
mark   +1y
but yea, that shit is rough haha..the rear is bottomed out on the half inch bumpstops, it just smacks around lol