Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  looking for a low drop

looking for a low drop

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3633
replies 26
following 11

miked   +1y
i currently have about 5 inchs of gap between the tire an fender in the front an about 7 in the rear. my tire size is 205/40/16 im looking at getting a bigger tire ( roughly 205/50/16 ) and am wondering what drop i should do. i dont want airbags or juice so it must be static.

im just looking for something to get rid of all if not most of that big wheel/fender gap.
justgettinstarted   +1y
cranked torsions, fillped ball joints, and blocks. 30 bucks and ur done.
miked   +1y

wouldnt cranking the torsion bars mess with my chamber..?
framedragger   +1y
not if u dont crank them alot i and flipping the ball joints helps correct that. it is a poor mans drop spindle in my opinion. jus put 3 inch blocks in the back and level the front to match. then get it alighned.if they say they cant do it go some where else it is possible my uncle is ase certified in alinement. and thell them u mainly need the toe to be set it will wear tires more than any thing...
midnightmike   +1y
what i did was..3"blocks pulled 2 leafs, cranked the tortions and flipped the balljoints, and it had very little camber

btw camber is fukin cool
mark   +1y
yea thats what my dad had on his 89 back about 4 yrs ago, cranked down torsions and 3inch block

just realign the toe...the camber will change a little bit...but as long as your toe angle is still good, it wont wear eat the inside...means it'll last like any other tire, just more wear on the insides, instead of having to buy a new tire every 3months
impulse   +1y

got any pics of how low it sits like that?
midnightmike   +1y
sure do!!

this was the morning after, it was ugly as shit

and this was a few nights later, after i cleaned it up, and slapped on the old wheels, then i sold it

it still looks high there cuz i had to wait for the rear leafs to settle and adjust the tortions to make it level, i talked to the owner of it now and he said its tucking tire now
miked   +1y
do u remember the height of those tires?
midnightmike   +1y
yup, 205/50/16, they were a tough size to find used, i didnt relize that till i burnt them off so u can also 205/55/16, there a more common size, theyre on the z24's and sunfire gt's so there a little easier to find