threads
Page 2 of 4
Mazda Engine General \  Bringing an '86 B2000 back from the dead...

Bringing an '86 B2000 back from the dead...

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 9108
replies 32
following 13

midnightmike   +1y
buy your self a rebuild kit i think u caqn get them for those trucks and try it yourself
impulse   +1y
sorry to go off topic... but what body style is it? reg cab??

Im really looking for a reg cab short box.

I've got a xtra cab right now and if i can't find a reg cab soon im gonna just build the xtra cab, but im gonna be doin an engine swap.

Mine runs pretty good, starts no problem and everything!
lalunette   +1y

It's a regular cab that had a long box...

The long box was removed and a metal frame was bolted on. It's now essentialy a flat bed with a frame over it to carry lumber, a canoe, etc...

My biggest challenge, aside from getting the carb to work, will be to repaint this thing. It was gold originally but someone painted flat black over it, without preparing the surface, and the black paint is literally peeling off...
impulse   +1y
Crappy... well Keep your eye's out for a reg cab short box... i'd love to get my hands on one!

hopefully you get it running.
pancaked   +1y
listen the first thing you should be concerned with is turning it over what i would do is pull the plugs outta the head and crank it over for a while this will get the oil pumping. also because there has not been fuel going for a while. it takes a while for the fuel to go up the line you should check as your turning it over if there is at least air comming out of the fuel line sounds like its only running cause your putting gas in carb.
pancaked   +1y
sorry you also have to run out the valve tap the longer you crank it with the plugs out the easier it is on the infamous hydraulic lifter tap
lalunette   +1y

Thank you for your comments.

We've checked and gas is indeed coming out of the mech. fuel pump. It's just not getting in the carb.

The fuel line from the pump to the carb is also not at fault. I've checked and it is clean and open. I'm thinking of removing the fitting between that fuel line and the carb to see it anything is blocked in there.

Anyone ever do this/try this??

Also, does anyone have a detailled diagram of a Mazda B2000 carb I can have a look at to see what I can clean/unplug?

I've contacted the local carb experts and they want $600 to rebuild my current carb... Yikes !! That 600 times more than I paid for the truck...

Cheers !!
89b2200   +1y
If you take out the carb, in the bottom of the bowl, there is a hole that goes to the mixture solenoid. You need to clean out that hole. It could be plugged from varnish build up from 3 years of storage.
I think I have a diagram at home. I will post the diagram later.
lalunette   +1y

CTire farms out carb rebuilds so they couldn't give me a price until their outsourcer saw it.

As for Holmes - $500 for a rebuild it it's off the truck and $600 if it's on...

I might as well go to the wreckers on Sprinfield Road and pull a carb out myself and play with it...

Cheers !!
lalunette   +1y

Any progress on the carb diagram??

Cheers !!