Page 3 of 6
GuiltyByDesign.net \  Kalebs Ranger Re-do

Kalebs Ranger Re-do

GuiltyByDesign.net
views 11038
replies 50
following 21

guilty by design   +1y
Tore into it today and found more lil suprises.

Gas filler neck stretched with flexible radiator hose. Also note the plugged vent tube.
thread post photo

The cell comes with plastic caps to prevent dirt and whatnot from getting inside, they left these on instead of buying plugs. Note the evap canister vent plugged off and the entire pump assembly held in with silicone.
thread post photo

We had to cut 3 of the bed mounts off to remove the bed, the 4th broke off on its own.
thread post photo

Cut off around 47 zip ties
thread post photo

Bitchin pinion angle
thread post photo

This is laid out, the way they had it built the bag plates would have been at different angles and the centers would be about an inch off from each other.
thread post photo

De-fuckafied
thread post photo

The fuell cell was also held in by a piece of strap that had been welded in, making it impossible to remove the cell for servicing. After i cut the one remaining metal band the cell did cock sideways however.
toddluck   +1y
glad you guys got it..id be suing the piss out of the other place for sure
charlesskelter   +1y
I don\'t see what you guys are complaining about.

I\'m joking, but seriously, I hope the owner gets his money back. Glad no one was hurt by that mobile death trap.

I see shit like this locally once in a while when I do see bagged minis and the owners think it\'s top shit. I think people just don\'t want to admit they got screwed. Good for him for getting it fixed by a competent shop.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
I was on another site and saw this truck they had a video of it and some one was saying they wanted to get theyre truck done by these guys danm man just think how many rides are out there done by these assholes.
guilty by design   +1y
More pics, more hack work being undone.

Heres a lovely shot of the locating device for the rearend. Since its bent it pulled the rear of both 2link bars in about 1/2'' ea... this was of course was because there are no locating pins in the 2link blocks. The axle was also 1/2'' foward on the pass side making the wheelbase off.
thread post photo

Heres the underside of the inner fenders, note the heat marks indicating where it was tacked in, the rest was black silicone.
thread post photo

Mess of a wiring harness. I went back and eliminated the unused wires and re loomed it.
thread post photo

Got the frontend tore apart and noticed they didnt use any lock washers
thread post photo

But the lower cups did however have a locking device
thread post photo

Heres the frontend as he brought it to me
thread post photo

After i clearanced the spring pockets and trimmed to allow the control arm to travel up more.
thread post photo

Ill have pics of some actual CONstruction tomorrow.
toddluck   +1y
better
bagdb2200   +1y
Can't wait to see you get some real work in on this thing once you're done cutting allyl the hack shit off.
paparoach1983   +1y
dang man glad to see its alot better man.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
WOW, just picked up on this thread - amazing what passes for "safe" custom work. I realize the boys down under have to go thru a bunch of "safety inspection" on their custom rides and I have a feeling this is a prime example of why. I'm sure things will be a lot safer once your are done cleaning things up and certianlly hope the owner gets some of his money back.
guilty by design   +1y
Im hoping my 4 link bushings get here tomorrow so i can finish this thing up. Ive been on the front getting all the crap redone.

They had the shock towers welded on about 1 1/2'' too high and the shock maxed out before the truck did.
New shock mounts my machinist spun for me
thread post photo

Installified
thread post photo

Front tubs are in and coated. I also got the firewall panels in and coated.
thread post photo

Made a pocket for his battery to sit in correctly, mounted some kind of emission regulator, and secured the harness to the underside of the tub.
thread post photo

Rear rails are done, air tank mounted, got the cell fitting closer to the frame, and remade the filler neck so the gas will flow easier.
thread post photo

While we were pulling the 2 link off i grabbed the appropriate sized wrench and socket for a 9/16'' and they didnt fit... they used a 1/2'' bolt in a 9/16'' hole.
thread post photo