Dually Projects \  1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

Dually Projects
views 21647
replies 71
following 9

ghostwhite   +1y
Thanks man!

The waiting right now is the worst part.

Still trying to track down a decent 2wd 47rh, I'm gonna start looking into the pluses and minuses of the 4l80e as there seems to be quite a few of those on craigslist.
ghostwhite   +1y
Got the adapters in.

thread post photo

They fit haha

thread post photo

and heavy

thread post photo

But lighter than the wheels, 42 lbs.

thread post photo

thread post photo

After seeing a dropped square at Lowboy Motorsports with a CabnChassis width axle I might just use the SRW 14B as is. The CnC axle pulled the wheels in a little too far for my liking.

When I get some space in the garage I will mock up the SRW axle with adapters/semi wheels and take some measurements and compare them the to the fender width with pictures. I have to tear the SRW axle ends apart for disc brakes so I may mount the dually hubs on the SRW axle and make the CnC width axle and take some measurements with the semis for forum data.
dajizz   +1y
Looking good! Get that garage cleared out, you have work to do!
ghostwhite   +1y
I've been working on my jeep to get it out, it is nearly done but won't be done before I leave town on Friday.
ghostwhite   +1y
Got it home, if only I could stick around and get started. Getting it out of the back of a semi-trailer with a cherry picker was very interesting.

thread post photo

thread post photo
dajizz   +1y
If you are able to, and before you tear it apart, could you snap some pics of the air compressor and where all the plumbing went?

I'm having no luck finding parts or any info regarding the engine driven compressor. Cummins cannot even look it up without an engine serial number. Come to think of it, could you post a pic of the I.D. plate? That would give me what I need to finish my install and major step in getting my truck on the ground
ghostwhite   +1y
I will get you all the info I can when I get back to Vegas and working on it. The timing cover plate is missing so I need to find the #s on the back of the block.
ghostwhite   +1y
I'm finally home and back to thinking about this thing constantly.

I am going to be ordering tires this week and I think I'm going with a 265/40r22. How is everyone getting these mounted? By hand or machine?

Still looking for a transmission and adapter to get the motor stuff lined up.
ghostwhite   +1y
I need some opinions!

I might have found a 90s suburban grille/front clip similar to this

thread post photo

Would it be worth it to swap? I can't decide what looks better.
dajizz   +1y
Its a bit harder to fit the intercooler with the suburban grille. As I've read in my research. Just my 2 cents for ya