Page 2 of 8
Dually Projects \  1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

Dually Projects
views 21643
replies 71
following 9

sporty_drew   +1y

I've been wondering if this was the case. I've seen a few cheap SRW 14b axles around and thought I could use the dually hubs to make it the same length as the C&C.

Trucks looking good!
ghostwhite   +1y
Flew to ND and drove over to pick up the donor in Iowa on Friday.

thread post photo

Back in ND i removed it yesterday.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Working alone sucked but at least I had help when wiggling it out. I have to finish getting little things off the bus to help with the install and make a cradle to palletize the drivetrain for easy moving. I didn't cut anything but a water hose so all the wiring and miscellaneous stuff is intact, was extra work but I hope its worth it.
ghostwhite   +1y

Thanks for the info, this definitely helps.
dajizz   +1y
Yeah man! Looks like you have some work to keep you busy for a while! What are you planning for a transmission?
ghostwhite   +1y
I have been spending the last few nights at work trying to figure that out! I want something that will handle more power than stock so that's a factor. This Allison trans is just too big, heavy and setup wrong for my application.

I definitely want something overdrive and I could go either manual or auto and be happy.
dajizz   +1y
Well a dodge 47rh out of the 95-96 is a simple auto trans to swap to. Has overdrive, and only 3 wires to make it work. You would have to either lock up the torque converter and OD with a toggle switch or plumb in some pressure switches, but its cut n dry. If heard of GM tranny's (4l80e) holding up well with mods.

NV4500 is the go to for a manual. Just needs 5th gear nut mod and a good, beefy clutch to be bulletproof.

Either way you will have to convert the bell housing to work.
ghostwhite   +1y
Good to know, I found my dad has a Eaton Fuller that would probably fit my bellhousing but I don't know that I want a 13 speed, harder to hotrod a non-syncronized trans with too many gears. Too little gear spacing.

I will keep my eye out for a 47rh locally. I have seen a few 4l80e trans on craigslist, so many options.
dajizz   +1y
Plus that bell housing his HUGE to fit in the truck! The 47rh is the best bet, even if you have to search awhile. But you seem no stranger to that! Haha
ghostwhite   +1y
Yeah, I am gonna keep an eye out I guess. If you happen upon anything over your way let me know lol no pressure