Page 5 of 7
Dually Projects \  2007 Dodge 3500 Dually

2007 Dodge 3500 Dually

Dually Projects
views 10401
replies 62
following 9

psylent   +1y
The company that I talked to in my area (Oregon) that narrows axles is called "Six States". They narrow the housing and send out the axles out to be cut and re-splined.

I am loading pictures through Photobucket.

Here is my new truck, I sold the Chevy that is in my sig.
thread post photo

This picture is the side view of my wheels sitting out side my fender.
thread post photo

Great idea on running the 4500/5500 front running gear to get the 10 lug upgrade. I went with the MMW arms to do mine. I still need to figure out what to do with that cross member and get the stuff to parallel 4 link and watts.
shagnaz   +1y
How much was it to narrow the axle? The four link I have will be changed to the top link to the middle of the axle tub and the bottom link will be on a bracket to control axle wrap. I am also going to go with triple bellow or sleeve bags in the rear. MMW watts link will be ordered next week with the arms. Also found that running hydro shocks vs. nitro shock are better to control the ride. They react ASAP vs. the nitro taking several cycles to stiffen up.
Photos will be loaded to PB to post up soon.

Thanks for sharing and please continue
psylent   +1y
To get the axle narrowed through Six States was $425.

I like the MMW stuff, I am probable going to run the MMW 4 link as well as their watts. The only downfall to narrowing the axle is you are pot committed to narrowing your frame as well. IMO it is worth it, I was running the wide fenders on my last dually. It Sux to be so wide you have to always worry about them wheels.

BTW, MMW doesnt have the 06 Dodge dually stuff listed on their site. You have to call to order, just a heads up.
shagnaz   +1y
Yeah, I talked to Taylor for good bit about things.
shagnaz   +1y
Ordered the MMW front end kit and Watts Link today. Now I need to get the fender wells raised!
shagnaz   +1y
Well, I decided that I wanted a digital management. So, I bought the AirLift AutoPilot V2 with the 3/8's fittings. All I can say is good things. 3 wires to hook up...Power, Ground, Ignition. Then run the positive and negative to the compressor or compressors. If using two compressors, there is another harness and relay you can buy. The system senses if the compressors are running.
I can ramble on, but I am sure you guys can read up on the specs/features.
post photo
shagnaz   +1y
Received my MMW watts link, steering and control arm kit. The control arms look to be for 2003-2005. No allocation for swaybar link to bolt up on these. I was planning to run the swaybar because I tow and don't play with side to side. Just up and down.
Looking at MMW website, there is a design difference between the 2003-2005 and the 2006+ 1500 series truck kits. I would figure that the 3500 series would follow the same design change.

Anyone have any pics of their MMW front setup?
zakmann   +1y
you made a very poor choice with the v2, youll go through manifolds like none other, several of my buddies run it and they all have had nothing but problems from day one, shouldve went accuair imo
shagnaz   +1y
No problem here, Jackson. Only problem I have is the pressure needed for the front because of the cummins weight. Airlift is sending me a reprogrammed setup for the higher pressure. Other than that, I'm very happy. It equalizes and hold pressure. Even if the tank is drained. Accuair had way too many wires and sensors to deal with. We have done several and last one had the elevel setup add on. Screw that! Getting those sensors positioned right is a PITA. AirLift setup was so so simple.
shagnaz   +1y
Well, here is some updates on the project. Hope to give you some insight of the issues that I have dealt with also.
post photo
post photo
post photo