Page 4 of 7
Dually Projects \  2007 Dodge 3500 Dually

2007 Dodge 3500 Dually

Dually Projects
views 10398
replies 62
following 9

bigtim44   +1y
Great write up, I've collected a quad cab dually roller to do the same stuff to,
I was wondering if the Dodge cab chassis rearends are narrower than the regular ones like on the chevy's?If not maybe use a CC chevy rear end.
Subscribed!
psylent   +1y
I was looking at a truck the was recently built and in the article they talked about narrowing the axle 12 inches. You're not gonna get that out of a CC axle. Might was well have yours done. Not to mention they also narrowed the frame.

Link to the picture of the truck and you can see in the information about it how much it was narrowed.
----------------
" target="_blank
bigtim44   +1y
Thanks for the link,very usefull.

shagnaz   +1y

No narrowing. I have 3" wider factory fenders that were custom made. I'll have pics tomorrow. I decided to not narrow and keep the stability since I tow. I do think I need to go with 22.5 or 24's. I need the width now
psylent   +1y
Where did you pick up the wider fenders? Did you modify your transmission cross member, it hangs down pretty low.
shagnaz   +1y
I bought the fenders from

When I was talking with them about my plans...on the ground with 22 or 24's. So first, they were going to set me up with slightly over factory width fenders. Then, he said he had a custom set of 3'' wider fenders that he would sell me. Those are the ones I went with.

Trans crossmember isn't modded yet. I plan to make a tubular member when I get my front arms and finish tubbing the front and rear. It does scrape now over humps if I have it riding low.

I will post pics once I can. The pics wont upload right now.
psylent   +1y
Thanks for the link.
Hypothetically speaking, are you going to re mod the fenders if they do not tuck?
shagnaz   +1y
IF, they don't tuck...I'll be modding the wheels or last resort, going with a different axle. I really would like to find out how much narrower a srw dodge axle is to the dually
psylent   +1y
Unless you are dead set against narrowing your axle, it may be the cheapest route. I called Six States, which is local to me in Oregon and they are roughly $425. I plan on going 12 narrowed like that article I was talking about further up this thread. I will shoot a picture of the rear of my truck... it is wide in the rear, very wide!
shagnaz   +1y
The new fenders are wide. Friends call my truck the "Batwing". As in the Nissan Batwing. I think I will be golden with adapters and semi's. The front will get a set of newer Dodge 4500-5500 unibearings which are 10 lug. So, I won't have to worry about the width in the front. Although I could have MMW make a set of longer arms and take the dually adapters off. Options options.

What Company's did you call about doing the axle work?

Looking forward to seeing the pics

For some reason, I can't load any pics