Page 3 of 6
Dually Projects \  Project: Doo-lay

Project: Doo-lay

Dually Projects
views 13999
replies 55
following 22

zakmann   +1y
havent been on here in a while, been working on the truck slowly but surely, finally took it down the road and it felt great, deff gave me a lot more motivation

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
75dually   +1y
I was wondering if you are worried about the mounting of the 22" tires on those 22.5" steel rims. Did you have any issues getting them mounted, and do you think the beads were stretched and might fail?
comegetsome   +1y
i looked at a truck at Slamfest last month that had 22 inch aluminums on outside and a steel 22.5 as the rear inner.....the bead of the tire was real tight on one side and 1/4 off rim on the other side....there is no way it can ride smooth
zakmann   +1y
i would never drive over 10 mph with these steels on here, they are just for mock up purposes, to sketchy to me, i will be running 6 aluminum, i got these for a great deal so i just picked them up for now
dzl1   +1y
Sik build! Keep up the good work.

DZL1.
zakmann   +1y
After looking for a shop for a few months with no luck i gave up and brought it back to work, i have any tool i could need there plus a waterjet at my hands so i guess i cant complain, and its free, only downfall is i have to take it out of the shop everytime im done working on it, pain but i can deal

anyway, progress, went back to the 98 front end, much happier with it

fits on my trailer by about 2 inches

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i want to be able to run the spikes so im going to find some 4" wide flares, be cool to tuck the spikes rolling low, ride heights 1" off the ground

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

had to trim a lot to get the intercooler to fit the way i wanted, turned out great

thread post photo

thread post photo
zakmann   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

debating shortening the arms another inch, we'll see how much i can turn

thread post photo

thread post photo

got my bumper hitch on, all made from 1/2 plate, going to add a plate to cap the top, all tripple beaded, corners of the 2x4 are gussted,

thread post photo

thats as of today, made all my brackets for my parellel 4 link and watts link, my dom should be here at the end of the week, then waiting on my adjustable end links from suicidedoors, going to move my gooseneck foward 4 inches to make it past the center point of my axle, doing that and the watts link this weekend, making a battery tray for each side of the frame tomorrow before work, more pics to come
evilbill   +1y
truck is lookin bad ass ! looks like your ready for the dreaded rear fender stretch and raise you could raise your fender arches in the front to clear the lug spikes if you didnt want to run flares, check out pg6 of my build thats what i decided to do because my ride height is about 1" keep up the good work
nandrus   +1y
What engine mounts did you use for the cummins swap?
zakmann   +1y

im going to run flares to cover the cutout. i need to find a set of fenders to stretch