Page 1 of 6
Dually Projects \  Project: Doo-lay

Project: Doo-lay

Dually Projects
views 13981
replies 55
following 22

zakmann   +1y
Well ive been on this site for god knows how long, well before i registered, never had anything to post to trolled for info for when i was going to start on a dually when ever i found what i was looking for, 5 years later, brings us to today, and i just got home with my 2000 cclb chevy 3500 dually, no motor and no trans, perfect, just what i wanted

Here are the plans in no order

-12v cummins
-nv4500 from a chevy with the dodge imput shaft so i can use the driveshaft from a chevy
-bagged and bodied on semis, cant decide on all 22's or 22/24 combo
-shortened to a short bed,(should i remove 14" from the rear of the frame and just move the link mounts further forward?)
-single wheel front hubs with MMW extended arms
-beefy gooseneck hitch
-2 link from exstensive with tripple stacks under the notch and over the axle
-slam re8 bags up front

and thats all i can think of at the moment, ive been planning this truck in my head for years

now some pics

thread post photo

deff should not have used this trailer...

thread post photo

thread post photo
zakmann   +1y
Worked on it for like an hour today, had a lot of other bs to take care of

took out the 3" body lift that was made out of pvc pipe and 2x4's

i like the plywood spacer, and the blocks, wow

thread post photo

dont need these anymore, by looking at it i can swap the upper arms from left side to the right side to get a better bj angle, looks like there maxed out

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Tomorrow after work im going to swap the upper arms and trim the frame so the control arms will go up until they hit the spring pocket, then need to figure out what size cups im going to use and order bags and drop spindles
zakmann   +1y
started working on it quite a bit the last few days, got the body drop about half way done, back wall and part of the fire wall are welded up, just need to do the sides and tub the front for the semis

i ripped out all the wiring front to back, going to do a Painless harness(or similar)
havent decided on a dash yet, maybe stock maybe something old

next time i wont be doing a traditional, this sucks... going sfbd next time around

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Front end ill be doing

thread post photo

What i built last winter

thread post photo

3" body lift compared to a 3.5" body drop

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
short1   +1y
Looking good. It must make life easier when you have a fork lift at home too. Good luck with the build
zakmann   +1y
Well i finally have some more time and parts are starting to roll in daily, UPS man hates me, haha hes been here for the last 5 days

Have all of my managment except for my tripple stacks, contitech is back ordered for months so i had to purchase some from air bag it, dont worry they wont be on long, only till the contitechs are back in stock

setup is 2 400c compressors, hopefully will be doing an edc soon
re8's up front with drop spindles, and soon to be mmw arms with 3/4 ton rotors
8smc valves
2 water traps
schrader valve
air line disconnect
stinger relay
8.5 gallon tank
ekstensive 2 link and front bag kit, should be here next week

thread post photo

thread post photo

Have a brand new waterjet at work ill be making some parts on

thread post photo

thread post photo

some dodge tow mirrors, they fit surprisingly great, little bit of trimming and perfect

thread post photo

new welder at work also, we have a few of them, gonna use it to weld up my notch and all my bag brackets

thread post photo

some fillers

thread post photo

this is one of my beaters, fully shaved bay, 2.0t around 300whp, hummer H2 sage green re spray, shes a fun toy

thread post photo

this is my work, Truck Builders Of CT, the truck will be going there once i get it a roller again

thread post photo

thread post photo
75dually   +1y
I really like what I see. That is going to be one killer ride! Keep up the hard work!
91squarebody   +1y
looks great, keep the pic a rolln
zakmann   +1y
Worked on it a bit tiill i ran out if gas for the welder

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
luifer76   +1y
cool looking project keep the pics coming as you go...
zakmann   +1y
Built my frame notches today at work, going to bring the truck there saturday and going to put the notches in and finish up the cab

thread post photo

thread post photo