Dually Projects \  77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

Dually Projects
views 127141
replies 546
following 80

watahyahknow   +1y
glad so ...... mustve been another build i was following
making good progress on the build all of a sudden , i still remember a time you wherent even driving a dually
im still in that stage at the moment not even own a driveable car right now and not even sure if i can keep all the truckparts im having at the moment
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
you are thinking about lil j's dually. he is converting his truck to the newer body style front end...

ive got over 1100 views on this thread.... and im just now starting to take the truck apart ..
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
the 2x4's have been cut and welded in place.

thread post photo

thread post photo

i cut the bottom of the frame off . im just about ready to do the z

thread post photo

more pics to come as soon as it stops raining...
Post was last edited on Aug 02, 2010 03:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
had to z it up 4 3/4" to get my lower control arms to be even with the bottom of the frame.
thread post photo

the z before i plated the sides. i used a couple pieces of 1/4" 2x4's as gussets
thread post photo

fitting the outside 3/16th reinforcement plates.
thread post photo

passenger side after i flipped the frame upside down and welded it. i am going to smooth down all the welds after im done..
thread post photo
xtowtruck   +1y
Looks good sir! keep up the good work
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
thanks alot...

i am in the process of cutting the reinforcement frame plates for the inside of the z.. i should have them done tomorrow or the next . i need to get the pressure washer back out and remove all the grease from the engine cross member that i missed the first time around..

the truck is going to weigh more than it did from the factory when im done...lmao
ive spent almost 500.00 in steel so far..
xtowtruck   +1y
i would love to bag mine but i wouldnt even know where to start :S i think i nice static drop and some wheels will do for now
low95xlt   +1y
keep it up
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
this is my first time doing something like this. i had to just get out there and start tearing it apart. its been fun chopping my dually up.... the next one i stock floor should go alot smoother..

if you want to drive your truck any time soon. a static drop would be a good choice...lol
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
more pics!

the Z is 95% done. the top inside of the frame needs to be capped to make sure no water gets inside .

i went ahead and put some 2 inch x1/4 inch plate on the bottom of the frame. grinding my brand new frame on pavement doesn't sound very good to me. plus, it moves my control arms a little farther from the ground when its layed out.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

im thinking about painting my frame a semigloss black...

thread post photo

i cut 1 of my lower arms so far..

thread post photo

i replaced the tie rod boots with Brand new polyurethane ones. the upper and lower ball joints have new red boots as well...the tie rods etc.. were sanded down and painted .the steering box is next.
the guy i bought it from replaced all the steering and suspension parts under the truck not to long ago... one less thing i had to pay for..

thread post photo

i flipped the frame back over and smoothed the welds down .

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Aug 04, 2010 01:08. This post has been edited 1 times.