Page 5 of 55
Dually Projects \  77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

Dually Projects
views 127139
replies 546
following 80

mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
I gotcha that makes sense. Can't wait to see more progress. This really makes me want to get a dually. Still trying to talk the wife into letting me buy one so I can pull my mazda to shows.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
i pulled the motor/trans back out . threw the rear end back under the frame. and set the cab on to make sure it fit .( all of this work was done by myself. no help at all)
the trans tunnel is going to get cut out and raised next. along with shaving the ac/heater box,fan motor. plus a whole list of other things to do to it...

pics!
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i thought this was cool...it still has the original build sheet glued to the rear floorboard. the truck came factory with a smallblock 350 4brl carb. not a 454.
4.10 gear, 10,000# camper special. 400 turbo transmission..
made in baltimore maryland. sold to c r dudley motors in paragould arkansas.( i bought it in jonesboro arkansas)...lol

thread post photo

click the pics to see them full size
Post was last edited on Jan 12, 2011 10:01. This post has been edited 4 times.
albertaamx   +1y
Does that build sheet show a gross combined weight rating? Build sheet doesn't blow up for me.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y

i fixed the pic..

edit.. the shipping weight of the truck is 3193 pounds..

the gross vehicle weight rating is 10,000 pounds.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
today i got off my lazy ass and cut the transmission/driveshaft hump out. the sawsall did the job very quickly.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i stuffed the engine/trans back it ..
the carb/air cleaner should fit under the stock hood with no problems. the distributor cap may hit the firewall. its going to be close if it doesn't hit..
thread post photo

fits like a glove...
thread post photo
83crewdragger   +1y
Coming alone well now just keep your lazy ass working on it and keep us updated. Lol
sparkys-crewcab   +1y

this is the kind of motivation i need... ***cracks whip*** mush boy mush!...lmao
watahyahknow   +1y
we shall inform the wife for you ........
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
no wife here... i got rid of her a few years ago...
83crewdragger   +1y
Damn can build bad ass duallys and a wise man. Lol