77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

Dually Projects
views 127145
replies 546
following 80

ybnrmaldually   +1y
those taillight look bad as on the square body
93on22s   +1y
ALWAYS LIKED THA' WAY THE SQUARE BODY LOOKED W/ THAT FILLER PIECE BELOW THA' TAILLIGHT! KLEEN! MORE PPICS PLEASE!
cplucky13   +1y
looking good man , is that rearend narrower than the stock one ? what gears are in it do you know ? mine has like 4:11's i need something i can get over 55mph with ..
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
yes, my stock rear end is longer than a cab and chassis rear end

my C&C rear end has a 4.11 gears in it as well...
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
i finally got to do a little work on my truck. i know how you guys love pics...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i bought this running 6.5 diesel last week...i really shouldn't have. but what the hell..
thread post photo

thread post photo

i removed the front clip,cab mount bolts, bed, ground off the rear bump stops.marked where the center of the c notch will be.

i haven't decided which way i want to do my stock floor body drop. cut the top of the frame off , or cut the bottom off ???? i will have to z my frame either way... my lower control arm bushings will hit the ground before the frame does....

any suggestions
lophat   +1y
Looking good.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
more pics of the carnage... my neighbors hate me...

ive had 3 separate junk men stop and ask if i need it all hauled away..

i went crazy with the pressure washer yesterday...its almost a bare frame..
thread post photo

i took the clip off in one piece... do you like my negative camber?
thread post photo

thread post photo
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
i know these trucks are long. but i never realized it until i set the bed up right beside the house.

i can get on the roof without a ladder...lol

thread post photo

after i get all the gas, and brake lines out of the inside of the frame. im going to start putting the 2x4 steel tubing inside the frame, then z the frame up .

ive pretty much decided im going to cut the bottom off the frame instead of the top..not having to chop the bed and body mounts to pieces is worth it to me...i will just have to notch and z the frame higher...
Post was last edited on Dec 06, 2010 12:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
watahyahknow   +1y
kindah shame you put the newer frontclip on there i realy like the older ones , the grille you will use is one of the nicer ones of the newer type grilles though , you need the radiator support from that grille too sumting to do with the headlightbuckets
you know you need to do sumting with the cab to make the newer clip fit think it was something with the wipershafts and the valance in front of the window ..... check and compare with the donor
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
what?

im using my old 77 front end. nothing is being changed.