Page 2 of 5
Dually Suspension \  York 210 build and Accuair install

York 210 build and Accuair install

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 12754
replies 48
following 9

75dually   +1y

Not to my knowledge. The idea is to keep the oil out of the pressure side. So even if it were laying on it's side this trick should do the same as if it were right side up.
75dually   +1y
Today has been a busy day in the shop. I started out by laying everything out on the table and drawing out a plan where I planned for everything to go and for all the fittings I needed (more on that later...)

So I threw some paint on the air tanks to freshen them up, and while they were drying my son and I went to Home Depot to get all the fittings. Naturally when I got back I forgot one of the items... Perfect... Ah well they are open tomorrow...

When we got back I started to assemble the coalescing filter (oil separator) and the water separator. I put a check valve at the front of the assembly to again protect the system.

Once I got back from dinner with the wife (rare night out with no kids!) I started to mock up the mounting bracket. I have the base plate mounted to the alternator/power steering bracket, and also to the cylinder head. See the pics below.
post photo
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
For the balance of the evening I got the rest of the mounting plates finished. Here is my idea. I have seen several mounting plates for the York, and almost all of them have some sort tension pulley mounted in between the York and the drive pulley to tension the drive belt for the York. This is OK I think for most situations, but the simpler you can make a tension system the better.

So I came up with the following solution. Make a hinge at the bottom of the mounting plates and then use bolts at the top to hold tension on the drive belt by pushing the 2 mounting plates apart. In the pics below I have not put in the tension bolts, that is tomorrows job. However you should be able to see the start of the brackets and where I am going with this concept.

I will have the entire assembly completed and painted tomorrow. Then I can start on routing the hose and working on the air system in the rear of the vehicle. Should be fun!

Stay tuned...
post photo
post photo
post photo
mdub4life29   +1y
dude looks sick!! ive got three yorks just sitting on the shelf and have been wanting to put them on my trucks just haven't found the motivation and man this is making me wanna get out there
75dually   +1y
Here is the unfinished brackets and the tension bolt set up. Yes I know the bolt is rather long, but I am waiting to see just how much total length I need to adjust with the drive belt, then I will adjust it's length.

Now to throw some paint on them and get busy with some other items on my very long list.
post photo
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
So a bunch more stuff got done today. I finished up the brackets for the York, and then I got to work on the battery box. After the paint dried on the brackets I got it all mounted back up (hopefully for the final time... I must have taken it apart a couple dozen times...) along with the new drive belt. I also bolted up the high pressure line and installed the air filter.

Next is the air ride components... Now the fun begins!

Stay tuned...
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y

Dude I think you should just go out and get started. Glad to know that I am not the only one who gets motivated by seeing all the cool work guys are doing to their trucks. When I get unmotivated I go look at a couple of the builds and it makes me want to get out there and get mine done! My stuff may not be as pretty as some of the show trucks I see, but at least I can say I did it myself and did not have to pay someone to do the work for me...

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!
david&goliath   +1y
Thanks for this thread. I need it as I've never used a edc. Can you get a picture of the bracket by itself if you took one before installing. Also what wheels are you running. With your location will that interfere with 22s laying frame? I have to install my valves still then onto the compressor. I have a show in 6 days.
david&goliath   +1y
Engine Driven Compressor (EDC). The York compressor bracket.
75dually   +1y
Today after church I mounted the front sensors (see pic below, oh yeah BTW the truck was on stands when I took that pic. Don't even go there...). I also ran all the wiring to the front sensors, and ran the air lines from the front to the back. I secured the whole shooting match with OEM line clamps. The 1/2" main line coming off the compressor was also run to the back of the truck, and this line was also secured with OEM line clamps. I am trying to keep all these sensitive items away from the exhaust heat and other moving parts.

I am taking a day off tomorrow, so my goal is to get:
1. The rear sensors installed
2. The main air ride valve set up, plumbed, and installed
3. The tanks mounted and plumbed
4. The battery box installed (Oh yeah gotta get a battery cable made for that, note to self!)
5. And a billion other small items...

I will try and take lots of pics!
post photo