threads
Page 1 of 24
Dually Suspension \  New to the dually scene!!!

New to the dually scene!!!

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 47699
replies 234
following 49

comegetsome   +1y
ok im going to pick up my first dually tomorrow...a 1985 crew cab long bed...i been wantin a dually for a long time and finally getting one...i wanna body drop it on 22s...few questions...how much bodydrop do these trucks require to lay rocker...not pinch...and how much z do they require...will the motor clear the hood or do i gotta lower the motor mounts...im guessing the air conditioner needs to be modified too....what about the rear end...just a few questions to get me started...i can build teh truck just like to know the actually numbers before i start...thanks
lockone   +1y
Welcome to the site. Measurements vary on different suspension components. But I am sure that LilJ or some of the other Squarebody guys can give you the answers you need.
ybnrmaldually   +1y
welcome to the forum
skeletoncrew   +1y
Welcome! I am also fairly new but I think you will find that the folks associated with this forum will go out of their way to assist and support you with all your dually endeavors.......I think.
comegetsome   +1y
just got back with teh dually...i love it...shoulda bought one a long time ago...ill get some pics up tomorrow but maybe i can get some answers tomorrow
lizard lips   +1y
Based on what I read on here over the years, body drop to lay rocker is 4" so maybe 4.5" for pinch and to drop it on 22s you have to raise the rear fenders 2" or 2.5"? for rocker to clear, also either widening the fenders or narrowing the rear end to clear the wheels. You can also just run the townastys that lock has for sale to leave the fenders and rear end stock. Not sure how much to Z though. The air conditioner box on the firewall needs to be moved to clear the wheels. Like I said this is what I gathered on here to do my truck when I had it but have never done it for myself. Have Fun

oh and WELCOME
comegetsome   +1y
can you leaved the gas tanks in the stock location on a 85 model? im guessing ill have to notch the floor when i move the cab down but will they drag the ground is what im wondering?
liljlowrider   +1y
you can leave the gas tank in the stock place except you will need to raise it
reyna bros   +1y
Can't say I know shit about a Chevy dually except the front end works damn good on a Ford!!!!!lol
someotherguy   +1y

Give it enough time and you'll find out what the street rod crowd has figured out, that the Chevy engines work great in them too!

The rest of us just cut to the chase and stick with Chevy's!

Just kiddin...gotta razz you a little. Ford owner!

Richard