threads
Page 5 of 24
Dually Suspension \  New to the dually scene!!!

New to the dually scene!!!

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 47743
replies 234
following 49

wide load c-30   +1y
The rear fenders came out great. Wish u were close so we could have some big block vs. 4.8 lsx dually runs. What carb did u run, any pics?
comegetsome   +1y
its got a old Holly 650 on it right now but the carb is junk...im gonna stick a Summit carb on it tomorrow my dad just bought and see if it works well and if it does ill prolly talk him outta it...i kinda wish i woulda kept my 454 now though cause the motor that was in it is in my dads 86 4x4 silverado and he put a good size cam in it and nothing sounds as good as a hard hitting big block
comegetsome   +1y
also i need some longer rear studs for my rear end i dont feel confident with the amount of threads my lugnuts are threaded on...anybody got any ideas of where i can get some
someotherguy   +1y

Hmmmm Trevor can probably help there. A good rule of thumb is you want thread engagement at least as much as the size of the stud. Squarebody has 1/2" stud right? Would mean you want at least 1/2" of thread engagement.

Richard
comegetsome   +1y
yeah my truck has a 98 SWR rear end under it now and i just dont feel comfortable with what is threaded on there...ill snap a pic of it tomorrow cause im gonna spend all day workin on it tomorrow
comegetsome   +1y
well been piddling along and along on this thing...was never happy with the Carb setup so decided to go back to fuel injection....order a stand alone harness from Current Performance(great product)...pulled motor to clean up fire wall and paint motor...heres a few pics of motor work over the last week
motor before
thread post photo

motor coming out
thread post photo

cleaned up with wire wheel on drill and alot of elbow grease and some brake cleaner,after all that hit it with Scotch brite pad
thread post photo

thread post photo

taped her up good for primer
thread post photo

2K high build
thread post photo

after the primer i bases it with cosmic silver then come back over it with my green(same color green as my former show truck)
thread post photo

thread post photo

then added some silver...ill post pics after i get the rest of drive accessory on it so it wont look so bright
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
your engine is clean and green..

what color are you going to paint the truck?
jeffs_tonka-toy   +1y
you should go supercharged, lingenfelter makes an awesome twin screw for the lsx series motor.
comegetsome   +1y
na i cant afford supercharged at the moment...im a broke ass man right now...i just hit a major snag in it though....the truck is gonna be Silver so i bedlinered the firewall saturday silver and it turned out to be White when it hardened so now im debating what to do about it
roadrage41   +1y
Can you paint over it?