threads
Page 6 of 24
Dually Suspension \  New to the dually scene!!!

New to the dually scene!!!

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 47807
replies 234
following 49

jeffs_tonka-toy   +1y
i would just leave it white, thatd look bad ass and break up the colors in the engine bay some.
big bear   +1y
i know this is random, but do you have any pics of your firewall and of your inside the cab pics of when you were stock flooring your truck ?
comegetsome   +1y
i went thru my pics on my computer and this is all i could come up with...we were in "Do Work" mode during most of this build and didnt take a whole lotta pics but here we go
heres the start
thread post photo

tires did not clear my firewall but were barely hitting
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

adding some tubs...we went alittle big on them but it was for a reason....so i could turn low and the tires dont hit...so if you are tubbing make sure you plan that in
thread post photo

thread post photo

here is my firewall after alittle bondo...here is my "Silver bedliner" firewall that turned out to be primer grey colored
thread post photo

alittle black paint fixed it right up...it looks like shit on thses cell pictures but looks good in person
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Damn had more pics than i thought...but not sure if they help any lol
big bear   +1y
hey, thanks alot man. i appreciate it. those pics are helpful. once i wrap up my mini i wanna get my dually and start on it. im unsure of what route i wanna go yet. ive debated on just bagging it on 22s, then i thought about bagging on 24s. im not sure bout stock flooring her though. i hate having to cut up that nice clean floor.haha . so, for your opinion if you dont mind me asking, whats fully entailed with just bagging a square on 22s and 24s ? if i run 24s can i keep my ac, or maybe have to relocate it ? so, more less just wondering what i may need to trim,cut,move ect.. haha im sure these questions been asked million times but its ok. thanks again man
tjiv80   +1y
nice build.. any new pics
big bear   +1y
love this truck.
comegetsome   +1y
na sorry man no new updates....havent had time to work on it....my daughter turned one month old yesterday so you can guess where alot of my times goes away from work lol....but i have finally got motor where it will fire off with the fuel injection....just gotta get some o2 sensors put in exhaust and it will be ready to tune....im goin to help my tuner stick a motor and trans in a truck saturday morning as payment for him to come tune my truck where it will idle with the cam i have....i also picked up a new bed...started sanding down my old bed to weld in a lower patch panel and the bondo was almost 1/2 inch thick in first spot i hit with flap disk so i went and found a longbed and gonna drill holes to mount fenders and BD it and all that crap lol....just gotta have some time and money....but on a good note i almost got my Busa back together....took turbo off it and repainting it again....gonna be the baby blue off new mustangs and im trying to find me a 300-330- or 360 tire kit for it....gonna make it a cruiser again instead of drag racer cause i miss riding it everywhere
liljlowrider   +1y
Don't go bigger than 240 tire pretty please. Hahah
tjiv80   +1y
all good homie. take your time no need to rush is how i feel about it. greatness takes time. im slowly moving forward on mine. i got the old dash pulled last night and hope to get the air box out tonight. keep us posted on progress.
comegetsome   +1y
ok guys not alot of progress over the last several months but ive been wide open this weekend making alittle progress...got me a new longbed a few months ago and its just been sittin....also went to the junkyard saturday morning and picked me up a new core support since mine was bad rusty at bottom....40 bucks in almost perfect shape...score...on my previous bed we unbolted the floor and raised it up 4 inches and stitch welded it back in on inside of bed....never liked the look of it with all those welds so i did it differant this time...in order for my wheeltubs to be flush with the bottom of the bedlip floor needed to be raised 7 1/4 inches...so thats how far i went and built 3 1/4 inch spacers and bolted my bed floor back in from bottom like stock...looks alot cleaner to me but i still had to cut a hole for my notches since there so tall...but thats as far as i got this weekend...it started raining today and i didnt wanna get soaked tryin to get my truck from one shelter to th eother today so ill mount the bed back up soon and get some pics for you guys...sorry for the novel lol
heres my raised bed floor befor ei cut hole for notches
thread post photo

heres how i bolted it back together...actually used stock bolts just bought a pack of nuts at Lowes and bolted it up...used sheetmetal screws to hold it in place while i drilled new holes...also notice i cut off the 7 inches of excess bedside that woulda hung down
thread post photo

heres my 3 1/4 inch spacer all welded up....i used a old bed bolt to make sure they were lined up straight before welding it up
thread post photo