threads
Page 7 of 24
Dually Suspension \  New to the dually scene!!!

New to the dually scene!!!

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 47808
replies 234
following 49

big bear   +1y
looking great man.
veedubfreak86   +1y
great build

this thread has help alot since i recently picked up a 84 thats bagged and has a 4 1/2 BD

and i just bought a set of 22" alcoa's
comegetsome   +1y

Nice...that what were here for is to help....we basically build them as we go at our shop so there is a learning curb we went thru on this truck but with alittle time and a measuring tape we got it done....when i bought this truck i was lookin at it and another one to buy and at this point im kickin myself in the ass for not buyin the other one....it was all original bone stock and this one was lowered with alcoa 16s and a fresh paint job....now that paint job is biting me in the ass cause there a few places ive grinded off paint so far bondo was over 3/8 inch thick....and i dont understand whycause there are very few dents once you get it down to bar metal....so i have a new bed and 4 new doors to cut down on bodywork some hopefully....ill get pics when i get some noteable progress done
veedubfreak86   +1y
just wondering if you could give me a little more info on your front end setup

i have read through the build a few times only mention of anything is you shorting the control arms 1"

what tire size are you running ?

did you keep the DRW front hubs and just shorten the C-arms ?

thanks for your help i am about to put my truck under the knife to re-do the front as soon as i can get a few more clear awnsers
comegetsome   +1y
i just posted some info in Sparks thread a few hours ago...i kept the DRW hubs and shortened the arms 1 inch....my passenger side is really close to the fender but my driver side clears great....not sure why that is....but my arms max out and im not happy with the lift it gets....so as soon as i get free time and money im gonna pull the DRW hubs and change to a SRW hub and lenghten my arms 2 1/2 inches(1 1/2 inches longer than stock) so that i will have alittle more passenger side clearance and it will get more lift with the longer control arms....

down...
thread post photo

all the way up....notice i already bent my fender
thread post photo
veedubfreak86   +1y
thank you, and yeah i noticed that info about 20 min after i asked in your thread ..... sorry about that do you have stock spindels or drop ?

and did you cup your lower arms or just put a mounting plate on top ?

sorry for all the questions but my truck is about 4 hr from my house and i can only go work on it on the weekends so i am trying to figure out what i need / and need to do so i can make a trip and get shit done insteed of digging in and be like well Frick i need ________ (fill in the blank) to finish and half to walk away half way through and come back again later

8 hr drives round trip is getting old quick and still not being able to bring here home

also did you figure out a soulution to not haven much thread engagment on your 98 2500 srw rear axel ?
comegetsome   +1y
i havent even messed with the rear lugs because the truck isnt finished yet....i got it driveable and drove it to town twice with the carb setup but havent drove it since i painted the motor and went back to fuel injection...but i did notice that there is more thread than i thought...the lug nuts i used are off a 99 up silverado and they are for screw on center caps so they are long and its got more thread than i originally though...i have 3 inch drop spindals on my truck with the upper plate and just plated lowers...but my truck is Z'd 2 inches so that helps it lay out...you may have to cup your lowers ...also im not happy with my front bag placement...i have 2600lb firestones now and they double over at full lift so im gonna try some slams if not im gonna move my upper mounting holes
thread post photo
big bear   +1y
comegetsome...your truck is soooooo wicked. it looks so tough just all layed out. damn lol
comegetsome   +1y
thanks man hopefully next time you guys see it it will be wearing primer and cruisable....and maybe Jamey wont have his dually anywhere around to hurt my feelings...his truck is the shiznit
big bear   +1y
that will be sweet....and haha. yes, his truck is awesome.