Page 3 of 3
Dually Engine \  Electrical nightmare :(

Electrical nightmare :(

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2482
replies 28
following 9

58deluxerag   +1y
Fuck yeah! found ground G202. My guess it had rattled loose from the dash or something. If it's even supose to be attached to the dash, I'm going to mount it directly to the firewall or something. Everything works as it should now, with onle little issue with the a/c control panel. if the ac is off when I shut the truck off the screen stays on, if I have the air on and turn the truck off the screen goes blank as it should. Anyone got any suggestions?
someotherguy   +1y
See just takes some info and some work. Glad you found it and things are working right for the most part.

G202 is supposed to attach at the DLC, in other words the scanner connector under the dash. There's a screw holding it to a metal tab on the dash, the ground wire goes there.

Having the G202 attached to other than that tab on the dash -MIGHT- be an issue; it grounds the dash stuff. I'd put it where it's supposed to be. I'd do that first before troubleshooting the A/C control issue further.

The A/C control symptom I have never seen; maybe someone may have tapped into the wiring for it for some reason. Maybe they tapped the wrong wire on it, to run power to a switch, or air gauge lights, something like that? Check the wiring to it closely.

Richard
58deluxerag   +1y
Thanks Richard for your help.

I have removed every single non-factory wire from this truck. lol Might just live with that one little problem.

Bout to start looming and taping up the wiring harness and re-installing the new-non cracked up dash.

Also have to run all new air compressor and switch wires now.
someotherguy   +1y
Did you move G202 from the firewall back to that tab on the dash I was talking about? I'd do that, and see if it fixes it. I'd do it anyway because that's where it's supposed to be, having it elsewhere might cause other probs down the road.

Funny how having it all mostly working changes your attitude about the truck huh?

Richard
tuckin22   +1y
someotherguy
that is pretty cool that you were able to help him out and like you said now he probably doesnt want to get rid of his truck...

this is what its all about...
58deluxerag   +1y

It puts me in a better mood for sure, but the truck is still a piece of shit. lol Now if only I can get the shit I ordered a week ago to leave the warehouse and get to me so I can get the rear suspension all back together. Not sure why it takes a week to get put in a box.

Had to order a radiator, turns out someone put a larger 94-98 radiator in it, so that's on order too, trying not to get one of those crappy ones made of plastic.

Thanks again for the info.
burntup   +1y
glad to see you got it figured out, you have more patients than I do
58deluxerag   +1y
figured it out after I uttered the millionth curse word. lol seriously hate working on cars, but it's all I do.

I did end up putting the G202 ground back on the dash. A/C control module was still messed up, but seems to have fixed itself. lol love when shit like that happens.

I put another non-cracked dash in it, but I guess it was from a earlier model with a different gauge cluster plug. had to modify the dash in that area. Should have painted/dyed the dash before I put it in, it's brown. oh well I'll just mask it up and do it in the truck. They better not crack it when they change my windshield thats for sure.
xtowtruck   +1y
glad to hear you fixed it! i was in the same boat with my truck till i spent some quality time with it