Electrical nightmare :(

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2483
replies 28
following 9

burntup   +1y
that is not the guy I sold it too
58deluxerag   +1y
Think he got it from this guy, cambercrewcab.
58deluxerag   +1y

Alright got the dash out. Not seeing anything wrong. Getting rid of some of the previous owners hacks and extra wires that didn't belong. Everything is fine until I try to use more than one accesory at a time. Do I need a new/bigger alternator?
58deluxerag   +1y
Ordered the actual Factory electrical wiring diagram & diagnosis manual. See if that's any help.

Lights were dim when truck was on and lights turned off, messed with the grounds and now they are totally off when the switch is off. EXCEPT when the a/c is turned to medium and high. Really wish I was an auto electrician.
krewzlo   +1y
I would get a harness from the bone yard and start over
58deluxerag   +1y
might be an option, but with all the shit to change, I might just be better off sending this pile of shit to the crusher and getting a different truck.

I really haven't found anything wrong with the harness that's in it, a few but conecters here and there but other than that nothing.

Where are all these ground connections suppose to be at, I'm not finding many?
58deluxerag   +1y
swapped out the gauge cluster & a/c controls, didn't change a thing. Tested the window motors and door lock actuators and they work perfect with power put straight to them.
someotherguy   +1y
Had to fire up IE to log in and post this, I don't really post anymore since IE blows up my PC and I can't log on with Google Chrome, just keeps spitting me back out after the redirect page.

Homie...you just need some information. Here's some pages out of the 1994 GM factory manuals. Should be very close, if not exactly the same as your 1993, because those two trucks run the exact same equipment other than maybe the 3 speed vs 4 speed A/C fan control.

Don't be all ready to get rid of it over some wiring stuff, yeah it's a pain if you're not used to it but from what you said about only a few butt connectors here and there it's probably not a bad harness at all - I am almost certain you just have some grounds that didn't get hooked up, probably the ones under the dash.

Sorry for the ghetto digital pics but my scanner blows. These were taken really large, so if you print them they'll come out great, trying to look at them on your screen will suck.

First two pages are the list of the grounds, pay attention to the Gxx numbers you will find them in the diagrams. The remaining pages are diagrams of their locations. Skipped pages 26, 27, 28, 30, 31 cuz that's mostly SUV related wiring and "camper" wiring. I didn't take pics of 3 through 16 cuz it's mostly schematic type stuff that will frustrate you.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Now you got a whack of pages of info, time to put in work.

Richard
Post was last edited on Dec 22, 2011 08:12. This post has been edited 2 times.
58deluxerag   +1y
Thanks man. Really appreciate it, loosing my mind.

*edit* Looks like I got all my grounds hooked up, back to the drawing board. I'll double check in the morning, but pretty much looked all there.
58deluxerag   +1y
Can't find G202. I guess it's supose to be on the inside firewall? says near i/p I guess that stands for instrament panel? I'm not finding it here. over this bullshit. I guess as soon as the shit gets here so I can re-bag the rear, I'll probably drive this beast around until I find someone who I can pay to fix this piece of shit.