threads
Page 3 of 4
Dually Engine \  454

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 6547
replies 31
following 8

dragnasty   +1y
You cant do but so much. Gas mileage wasnt even a subject when they built these trucks.
lockone   +1y
Only time I had one shut down was when it laid down on me pulling a 36ft enclosed gooesneck @ 90 mph on I-24 back from Slammin and Jammin 3 years ago
dragnasty   +1y
mine cut out at 79.6 mph.......factory 100mph govern but I have smaller tires with a higher gear. Pisses me off on the interstate! My guy is supose to fix that when he reprograms the computer.
low95xlt   +1y
nice ncie, yea my buddy who was doing a drag session in his std cab dually before he sold it was draggin and it did something wouldn't call me back so i dont know , what he was like uh oh u got that trans and it not good for draggin sometimes
lockone   +1y
You can fis the 100mph governor by installing the B&M shift kit and having you installer do some little tricks to the electronics.
dragnasty   +1y
Ive got an old GM tech that is going to completely reprogram my computer and he is going to fix all that in the process.
low95xlt   +1y
yea i might jsut have to by pass that since it no fun doing a slow spark show 100+ is better
dragnasty   +1y
my problem is that I have to be haulin ass to lay my whole truck down.....A bodydropped crewcab dually sure does put alot on the ground when its aired out! LOL
low95xlt   +1y
lol needs some hp to move that big ole body
dragnasty   +1y
yeah if you lay it out running slower speeds, its like hitting the brake...lol..