threads
Page 2 of 4
Dually Engine \  454

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 6549
replies 31
following 8

draggindually   +1y
the biggest problem is the gear ratio. hard to find highway gears tho.....best i've seen was an odd 3:21 from a 4x4 place for like $300 bux
physh1   +1y
GearVenders overdrive...pricey but good at droppibng RPM...
low95xlt   +1y
yea but if i am towing do i want to drop rpm though i thought no
dragnasty   +1y
the higher number gears willl definately help out with towing but will kill you on the open highway. Most duallys come with 4.10, 4.11 gears. I have 4.10 with a 4l80 overdrive and it works out perfect.
draggindually   +1y
that's my problem. i have 4.10's and i never tow anything (or at least not yet). i need gas mileage cause i do more cruising than towing. i would like to find a 3.42 but haven't found any yet....
low95xlt   +1y
ok i was starting to get worried
dragnasty   +1y
Yours should have the 4l80 in it. Not much more you can do other than the previously talked about bolt ons.
draggindually   +1y
yeah i got the 4L80. i'll have to see how it goes when i start towing. i know for now it's killin me. it's my daily and the last week i've been drivin about 120 miles a day to see my bro.......maybe i should get exxon to sponsor me?!?!?!
low95xlt   +1y
yea i got it i heard there wer esome problems in mybudds about it shutting down or something when he was draggin or somethign weird n e one else heard of something like this i will find out exactly what it was, i know it was the earlier models though yr wise
physh1   +1y
You can turn it on and off as needed.

Cameron