threads
Page 1 of 4
Dually Engine \  454

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 6546
replies 31
following 8

low95xlt   +1y
ok got a 454 in my 98, anythign i can do to make it a little more gas freindly? bone stock right now, but leaving to getr a abd and wil lwant better gas mileage when i drive it aftt it returns
physh1   +1y
Headers, a tb spacer, and a cold air intake got me around 2 mpg when I kept my foot out of it but with a BBC it's a hard thing to do. What are you getting now? I got 11 stock and roughly 13 after the above mentioned mods. Everything went back to 11 or so when I dropped on the Whipple.

Cameron
lockone   +1y
Had about the same as Physh1 on my 97 and got 14 out of it whether I was driving around town or pulling a trailer.
guilty by design   +1y
Do those chips work as well as they say they do? If no improvements in mileage i hear you get some more power at the same mileage.
lockone   +1y
Yea mine worked real good.
low95xlt   +1y
ok so airraid Cold air, airraid throttle spacer, who makes a good header and what bout a chip?
lockone   +1y
Mine had headman headers and the chip was made by a buddy of mine here in TN.
physh1   +1y
I'm running Gibson stainless headers. As for "chips"...handheld tuners really are overpriced junk. For less money you can get a custom tuned PCM and get some real results. Westers PCM, Wait4Me Performance, or Nelson's Performance are the 3 best ones around. Wait4Me and Nelsons have better total packages are they will do upgrades and re tunes when needed for low prices.

Cameron
outlawcrewcab   +1y
i think im going to try a chip in mine
dragnasty   +1y
Yeah I have a 350 Vortec in my old skool and Ive got a guy from Daytona that is gonna reprogram my factory computer anyway I want it. He charges like $250 but he knows how to drop unwanted stuff and program it for what you are using the vehicle for.