post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Once the piston is in place, time for the springs. I used petroleum jelly to help hold them in place. After that time to add the spring retainer, compress the springs and add the snap ring to hold it in place. When the extra ring gear was to big to compress the springs, I opted for using a couple sockets and a file with a c clamp. This worked quite well, and since I don't plan on opening a transmission shop I didn't want to buy any extra tools that I might not use again.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Next it was time to add the spring rubber cushion. I was unable to locate the replacement for this in my rebuild kit but the one in my donor a4ld looked good, I chose to use that.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Next it was time to add the clutches and steels, be sure they lay flat. There are 6 of each for this assembly and are installed alternately, steel, clutch, steel, clutch etc. My rebuild kit came with all the clutches and steels I needed.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
baha   +1y
Next add your retaining plate and snap ring. I had no problems add the snap ring by hand. Next using a feeler gauge, measure the distance between the retainer plate and the snap ring. I'll have to add this spec later but there are different size retaining plates that you can get to get your assembly with in specification.
post photo
post photo
post photo