threads
Back To Page - Truckin' Magazine
Page 4 of 6
Truckin' Magazine \  Truckin' Issue 6 - ON STANDS APRIL 5th!!! See Color Blind's new look

Truckin' Issue 6 - ON STANDS APRIL 5th!!! See Color Blind's new look

Truckin' Magazine
views 5545
replies 50
following 49

gonz   +1y
not the best truck ever, not even the best chevy ever. cover worthy? ofcourse! i mean its a sick sick truck. kudos to the owner and the builder/s. its alot badder and better than anything ive ever owned or probobly will ever own. but its spitting in the face of alot of builders that have built some insanely clean and badass trucks. maybe the title should have a question mark at the end of it. as to say "do you think its the best fullsize ever?" just my humble opinion. none the less the mag looks great and the truck is badass. keep pumping out the goods dan.
rizz0   +1y
hahahaha @ hot rod guys not being haters..... they are the biggest haters ever.......
thacru78   +1y
If you've ever met Tim...he's one of the humblest guys I've ever met. Specially to have such a nice truck. The title is clearly just to sell magazines and interest people into picking it up. When Tim's truck was all white they called it the cleanest Chevy Ever...but Ricky Holly's C10 beat it at a few shows I know of. I know of a few trucks that will be out this year that can give Tims a run not to mention ones that are in the works. Unbeatable is just a crazy statement!!
gonz   +1y
--------------------------------------------

thacru78 said:

If you've ever met Tim...he's one of the humblest guys I've ever met. Specially to have such a nice truck. The title is clearly just to sell magazines and interest people into picking it up. When Tim's truck was all white they called it the cleanest Chevy Ever...but Ricky Holly's C10 beat it at a few shows I know of. I know of a few trucks that will be out this year that can give Tims a run not to mention ones that are in the works. Unbeatable is just a crazy statement!!

--------------------------------------------

agreed. i met him last year at showfest. we were all out partying on the show lot after dark and he had it under the status trailer awning with the 15s pumping out the jams. i talked to him breifly and he seemed like a real nice dude.
Truckin Max   +1y
Hey guys, sorry for the late response. I have been in Louisiana since Thursday. I would like to go ahead and give you all a little feedback of my own. First off, let's talk about the much talked about cover blurb "UNBEATABLE: America's Best Fullsize". Several of you have hit the nail on the head. Our job as editors is to provide our readers with enjoying and informative articles and photography. Another part of our job is to make the cover image and blurbs attractive and eye-catching. That statement was meant to cause everyone who read that to have to pick up the magazine and buy it. I know that there are and will be trucks that are nicer than this month's cover truck. And the owner/builder Tim Donelson, will be the first person to tell you that. But look at the uproar it caused. This hass all you guys talking about our magazine...WINNING! Haha...

Now, about the whole "hating" thing. We, as magazine editors, don't always get the opportunity to talk to our readers. So we ask that you give us whatever feedback you want. Expressing your opinion is something that everyone has the ability to do. Some people may want to hear it, some people may not. If you want to call it hating, go right ahead. I look at it as feedback. I just ask that if you have something to say, tell us why you are saying it. We completely understand that you cannot please everyone all the time. There is always somebody out there that will not like something. All we do is try our best to please as many people as possible.

Now, @toreadorxlt, who said:
"nah it's probably easy to be an editor these days...
half the pages to edit... and you just put your friends and club mates trucks in the mag. get discounts at certain shops, highlight your own builds, pimp those shops, publish all the trucks that said shop puts out."

Being an editor of a custom truck magazine is a pretty sweet gig. But it is also pretty challenging. Yeah we have less than half the pages now than we did several years ago, but now we have all the web stuff to do as well. None of the guys at Truckin' are in any clubs. We don't think it is fair to be an editor of a truck magazine and be in a truck club. Plus, I like to look at it as we are in every club. We don't pimp shops, or publish all the trucks that any certain shops build. You may see a lot of builds from Ekstensive or Chassis by Aaron Iha or several others, but that is because the trucks they are putting out are some of the baddest trucks out there. Now don't take that and misconstrue it to think that those are the ONLY shops building super bad rigs, cause that is not true at all. We do feature our own trucks, but that is because of the fact that we have complete control over those trucks. We can shoot them when we need to, work on them when we can, and we have total freedom of the build. And the whole shop discount thing, we meet and become friends with the shop owners and techs that we work with because we are sometimes there for months or years on end. If you had a buddy who owned a shop, he would give you discounts as well. So it's not as easy as you think.

Anyway, I hope I didn't piss anyone off, but if I did go ahead and shoot me an email @ maxwell.matthewson@sorc.com. Also, thank you all for contributing to Truckin' Magazine. We continue to try and make Truckin' Magazine the best it can be.
renny   +1y
well said^^^^^^^^^^^^
thacru78   +1y
Well said Max!!! I think minitruckers/truckers get too caught up on "minitruckin/truckin lifestyle" and forget that magazines, websites, and shops have to make a living. And sometimes that means reaching out to other avenues of revenue...like you said "Unbeatable" was to sell magazines...not offend anyone. Some people won't eer understand that...Keep up the good work guys. I'm just glad we still have a Truckin magazine.
tuckinlugs06   +1y
i like the new look way better then the plain white ...from the pics it looks like he may have changed the rear and lost the 2 link everyone was talking shit on
Just_Robert   +1y
It's still a 2 link. Very sick setup. It has a very cool Winters Quick-Change.
tuckinlugs06   +1y
anyone got bigger pics of the rear