threads
Back To Page - Truckin' Magazine
Page 3 of 6
Truckin' Magazine \  Truckin' Issue 6 - ON STANDS APRIL 5th!!! See Color Blind's new look

Truckin' Issue 6 - ON STANDS APRIL 5th!!! See Color Blind's new look

Truckin' Magazine
views 5543
replies 50
following 49

plyrh8r1   +1y
--------------------------------------------

jrock said:

I do think truckin pushes it sometimes about some of the cover trucks being "the best ever", but at the same time if they didnt push then you wouldnt have that kid out there working hard in the garage on a budget trying to build the next baddest rig, or even making the new trend. i dont think the word hate should ever be use in our scene , because hot rod or street rod everybody has some competetive juice flowing in them the only thing about ous older guys is that we have been there and done it! the younger guys have not gone through there phase and there really isnt nothing wrong with some competetion! just my 2 cents

i dont think he built that truck on a budget? i already seen that truckin magizine and anybody who ever seen that truck in person knows thats it needed to be redone. its looks better to me now when it was built the first time.
Eddie936   +1y

plyrh8r1 said:

jrock said:

I do think truckin pushes it sometimes about some of the cover trucks being "the best ever", but at the same time if they didnt push then you wouldnt have that kid out there working hard in the garage on a budget trying to build the next baddest rig, or even making the new trend. i dont think the word hate should ever be use in our scene , because hot rod or street rod everybody has some competetive juice flowing in them the only thing about ous older guys is that we have been there and done it! the younger guys have not gone through there phase and there really isnt nothing wrong with some competetion! just my 2 cents

i dont think he built that truck on a budget? i already seen that truckin magizine and anybody who ever seen that truck in person knows thats it needed to be redone. its looks better to me now when it was built the first time.

I don't think he was referring to Tim when he said "That Kid" he ment it as like saying That ONE kid that's stuck in his garage day and night working to get make his truck noticed....... I think :-)
78reasons   +1y
Diddo on the over done part! Seen some trucks out there that it just takes away from it being a "truck". Like really whats next a tv inside a tv? lol my .02.
bagged08   +1y

SIRSCRAPEALOT said:

Hate hate hate hate hate!

This "scene" is overflowing with it. Makes me want to change over to street rods and hang out with old guys that just hate on the weather.

My dad is one of those "old guys" that's been doing street rods since the 60's and they hate and bitch way more than this they just don't use internet forums. It's just feed back we are the ones buying the magazine so why can't voice our opinions about content and statements like baddest truck ever. So are we just supposed to agree with what the magazines say what's cool or what the baddest truck looks like.
SSM-BobHase   +1y
The funny thing is editors get in the moment and say something that after it's typed they think why did I say that. Funny about this Truck I took shit for this same truck when it was white because I gave it Best of Show. Some said that they thought another truck should win I went back and forth with this the big complaint was that the white truck at that time did not run. But the other truck that was in the running did not run either. But I stuck to my first impression and when you judge or you are an editor its an opinion. Personally I think it's great to give your opinion. Now that don't mean send me hate mail, oh what the hell I'm old and easy to pick on.
Layumon22s   +1y
I remember to this day Street Trucks giving Catch 22 the title of "best ford ever" still have that copy. they do what sells. a title like that is automatically going to grab someones attention and make them open up and have to thumb through the adds to get to a feature. but given last months Truckin' cover at least this months isn't a lowrider wanna be.

I think all of the hating is coming from jealously because few of us have the coin or the skills to have a truck grace the cover of Truckin' twice within a year. i bet this guy has to have at least $100,000 into the 2 builds. that's enough to buy a used Lambo or a new Porsche or at least 8 minitruckin cover trucks given the current market. who isn't jealous of this guy and his wallet???
Eddie936   +1y

Layumon22s said:

I remember to this day Street Trucks giving Catch 22 the title of "best ford ever" still have that copy. they do what sells. a title like that is automatically going to grab someones attention and make them open up and have to thumb through the adds to get to a feature. but given last months Truckin' cover at least this months isn't a lowrider wanna be.

I think all of the hating is coming from jealously because few of us have the coin or the skills to have a truck grace the cover of Truckin' twice within a year. i bet this guy has to have at least $100,000 into the 2 builds. that's enough to buy a used Lambo or a new Porsche or at least 8 minitruckin cover trucks given the current market. who isn't jealous of this guy and his wallet???

I have to totally disagree. I've had to learn this the hard way too. Just because you spend a WHOLE lot of money on your ride doesn't mean much. Yeah he's probably put a hundred grand in both builds but then again look at who he's working with? Ekstensive........last time I checked ekstensive charges alot of money but at the end of the day your pretty much paying for the name. Not trying to down any of there builds because they have come out with some clean ass trucks. And I think what we what want to see in our magazines Iz something that is realistic and actually driven all the time. Who cares how much you spent it .alls that matters is the quality. That's what I like this truckin scene because MOST of us have that state of mind "less is sometimes more". We don't need our speakers to be heard from a mile away, we don't need for our front end to blast 15 feet in the air,just like we don't need over the top colorful tacky suede seats. All we care Iz about driving the shit out of our rides ......while knocking a couple reflectors here and there :-)
thacru78   +1y
Anytime you disagree with someone or dislike something your a hater...thought y'all knew that!! Hating is the most overused whored out term in the world I swear. I love Tims truck...it's a very Badass truck. Do I like every single thing about it...No!! But it's not my truck so it don't matter. But it's still a Badass cover worthy truck. Do I think it's Unbeatable...not at all...I think there has been, is, and will be trucks that can beat that one at any show. Mainly because judging at shows are subjective...each judge looks at each truck and judges subjectively. A judges biases mean more than the actual truck when it comes to who's the best. A set of judges can look at Tims truck and choose a truck that is just as clean but more practical as a winner. Colorblind was beaten at shows and so will this version of the truck. But I can Gaurantee you this truck will do it's fair share of winning also. Congrats to Tim and the crew if Ekstensive...they have defenately raised the bar!!!
22below   +1y
I wouldnt disagree that the truck is a show winner, it has it all. Everything has been customized.
But the Michael Jordan of the truck scene......really???
I cant believe this hype job...
and on the side note of Catch22, that truck has/had an AMAZING paintjob, Colorblind doesnt...
Just_Robert   +1y
At least they didn't do a series on "How to build a Cover Truck", and just feature it...

Congrats Timmy on another. I'm ready to see number 3.