Page 5 of 5
Truckin' Magazine \  Issue 4 Cover

Issue 4 Cover

Truckin' Magazine
views 4041
replies 49
following 38

Layumon22s   +1y
wow I can't believe that's a truckin' cover. once again another truckin' mag where there were other trucks inside that should have covered over those. that has seemed to be the theme of the mag within the past year. i think the mag has become way to far casting. i was hoping with sport truck going away you would pick up more of that mag's style but i've seen a lot more lifted trucks lately and a lot of trucks that just don't fit what I think a majority of your subscribers enjoy seeing. but i guess it attracts people who don't subscribe and there is probably more money in the newsstand market. could be wrong though. i hope we aren't headed back to the boat days of truckin'
Truckin Max   +1y
It's funny you should say that, next month's cover will be a matching truck/boat combo.

Just kidding, but in all seriousness. We appreciate your input. I can't guarantee that everybody's suggestions will be implemented. But we will try to do everything we can to make our readers happy.
riddinlow99   +1y
In all honesty Im no longer a subscriber to your mag but will randomly pick one up from time to time. It seems way to catered to the super high dollar builds. Which granted we all like to see from time to time but its not practical for the vast majority of the scene. Also the I understand that the chevy pickup is the most common truck done but wouldnt you agree that is becouse that is what a vast majority of the mag feature. so thats what the readers see, so thats what many build. In my opinion show more fords, dodges, Nissans, Toyotas and not just 2010 models and newer. and then possibly more people will build parts for theses trucks and which would make it easier to build non chevy based trucks.
phat phabrikationz   +1y
--------------------------------------------

riddinlow99 said:

In all honesty Im no longer a subscriber to your mag but will randomly pick one up from time to time. It seems way to catered to the super high dollar builds. Which granted we all like to see from time to time but its not practical for the vast majority of the scene. Also the I understand that the chevy pickup is the most common truck done but wouldnt you agree that is becouse that is what a vast majority of the mag feature. so thats what the readers see, so thats what many build. In my opinion show more fords, dodges, Nissans, Toyotas and not just 2010 models and newer. and then possibly more people will build parts for theses trucks and which would make it easier to build non chevy based trucks.

This is rediculous and blindly stated, with all due respect.

The chevy truck is more commonly built bc they are cheaper to buy, easier to modify, and therefore better to mass produce parts for.

As stated earlier, at any given show, if chevy trucks out number ford or nissan or Toyota trucks 10 to 1, wouldn't it make sense that magazine worthy trucks out of that ratio be close to the same? Just a thought...
guiltybydesign   +1y
I know magazines cant scrutinise feature trucks too much but i saw the gold dodge at sema 09. It was actually the first thing i saw when we got off the bus from our hotel and the first thing i noticed other than the color was the miscolored screws holding on the bodykit in the wheelwells. We got to looking at it and noticed alot of things that were iffy, including the cabinet hinges on the tonneau cover.

To sum up my opinion, i would rather see something a little "less built" with better quality than a crazy truck that got thrown together in a few weeks for a mag shoot.
shpaint1   +1y
well before i start in on it let me say i am probably the longest subscriber to truckin mag thats still alive, my subscription started in the end of 1976 and i still have every issue Now for the rant, this month's cover is maybe the worst in all those years. Not to bash any ones style or any ones taste's but that dodge just doesn't fit what i think that mag is all about....at all. As the others have said it belongs somewhere else. Back when Steve Stillwell was there the mag had a really "home built" or "realistic" feel to it, something i think Mr. McMullen would have put out when he was at the helm and has been slowly slipping for a long time. I too feel that the black chevy would have been a much better choice. I like the older iron and a lot of the newer stuff in about equal amounts but that truck, to me, is from a outdated and thankfully bygone era, kinda like disco. As for the statement that every one wants to see what 250,000 will get ya, i got to disagree man, it may be what the folks you hang with want to see but rest assured thats not whats out here in the real world all across the nation, almost any one can open a wallet and toss bucks at something until its awesome, it takes someone special to either build it themselves or shop around to find the best quality they can afford and have a bunch of different folks contribute to there projects, those are the builds and trucks we. As for the chevy vrs. the world crap, as a ford guy i cant say which comes first all the chevy features or all the chevy builds but there is quite a few more custom chevys out there for sure but using that as a excuse to only show chevys in some show coverage is B.S., just cause theres 50 custom chevys and only 5 fords and 5 dodges dont mean for a instant that those 50 chevys are nicer or more deserving for a small shot in the show coverage, its just means theres more of um.

P.S. I did like the boats years, i think putting one in every month was rather a stupid move but one every once in a while was really cool to see

P.S.S. hows about a feature on the trucks Milo and his bros. put out, man they got it goin on, great taste, great workmanship and some awesome designs will beat out big bucks every time in my book!
AFTBigRob   +1y

Truckin Max said:

Milo,

Sounds good. I should be at Tex Mex, if not me then one of the other guys.

I'm a big Ford fan and like the F-150 on the cover. Not a big fan of the Dodge. Tahoe is nice, just not my taste. You guy's are doing a great job with the magazine. Hopefully my F-150 finds the lens at Tex Mex. Its gonna be a whole new truck compared to last year.
marcus38   +1y
Edited: 2/13/2011 10:10:06 AM by marcus38

if i had 250k to put into a vehicle, it would be a "foose" type built street rod,bagged of course and layin frame.im really a fan of custom cars and trucks of every type! it just so happens i like the minis most of all at the moment. i do like the idea of mixin in a little SPORT TRUCK type stuff into TRUCKIN. i too miss that mag! i think bodykits went out in the early 90s. but to tuck the DUB size rims its sort of a must unless the vehicle was designed with monstrous wheel well room. well built not bought is a def motto to take heed to. just another opinion! keep up the good work!
post photo
Just_Robert   +1y

riddinlow99 said:

It seems way to catered to the super high dollar builds. Which granted we all like to see from time to time but its not practical for the vast majority of the scene.

What's wrong with high-dollar builds? Does it not inspire you to better your project, regardless of the budget?
KEG Media   +1y
I love Truckin' just not this cover. I don't know why but I just don't think shared covers look that great. I like seeing a bad ass ride on a cover by itself with a sick photo and background. Sometimes too many vehicles on a cover can clash with each other. Like when Jimmy Cox's truck was on the cover. Just didnt look right with his older style chevy then newer style trucks with it. But his truck by itself would have made a super clean cover cause its a super clean truck. This cover Im not fond of cause I think the Tahoe would look sick on the cover of DUB or Rides. I think its more that magazines style. The Dodge I think it would be more towards that style too. The Ford you can't see much of. Ive seen way nicer stuff on the inside of the mags (all mags) that I think would make a better cover. I also like to see crazy different angles with cover vehicles. I was looking at the poll for pick your favorite cover earlier online and almost all of the photos looked the same. I think you all got a great crew over there with some sick talent. Would love to see what you can come up with for some different, high impact photos.