Truckin' Magazine \  Issue 4 Cover

Issue 4 Cover

Truckin' Magazine
views 4039
replies 49
following 38

i navin it   +1y
Edited: 2/9/2011 1:21:08 AM by i navin it

that tahoe on the cover is the reason i bought the mag this month. you got to admit it looks hard laid out with those huge 28s tukin. sure its got patterns on the paint and it has alot of blue in the interior. but he has an 08 tahoe laid out on 28'' lexanis with a bad ass system and its open hood that is trukin mag anyday. it would be a different story if it didnt laid out. the gold truck is just ugly it looks 2 different colors in the mag and in person. the ford is a clean truck.
Truckin Max   +1y
Awesome. This is exactly what we need. We need to know what you guys think. Is there anything else in the magazine that you guys want to see changed? Any content, the layout, design?
BabyYouWish   +1y
I will agree with most people here and personally I love the Tahoe. Its not how I would ever build my truck, but I like the style and can appreciate the hard work and amount of money that has gone into making it what it is today.

The Ford is clean enough and I have no problems with it.

The Dodge... well its no longer a 'Truckin' truck in my opinion. In one of the captions under a photo it said something about the 'body kit making it look low' or something like that (I apologize, I don't have the magazine in front of me at the moment). In my personal opinion bodykits don't really fit in. I understand the factory kits on Xtreme S-10's/Colorado's/etc. and while PERSONALLY I'm not a fan, I accept those.

I will also agree that there are more magazines that cater to those style of vehicles. Rides, Dub, Lowrider, Heavy Hitters, etc. Meanwhile there are only TWO magazines for fullsize trucks that aren't all lifted, Truckin' and Street Trucks. I would like to see these magazines remain TRUCK magazines. I miss Sport Truck honestly. I thought they had a fantastic combination of show trucks, driven trucks and do it yourself tech.

Sport Truck was also the most 'friendly' of all the mags. I don't know whether it was the design/layout or what, but it was very approachable by someone just getting into the scene. Truckin' seems so 'glossy' and only for the big-dogs dropping $250,000 into their '08 Tahoe's (as seen on the cover).

I will honestly never forget this feature

http://www.sporttruck.com/featuredvehicles/dodge/0907st_1990_and_1990_dodge_d150/index.html

1. Because I think Joann Kuehl is the girl of my dreams.2. Because TO ME, it epitomizes what a truck magazine should be all about. Well built, nicely styled custom trucks and their owners. I know style is subjective and thats what stemmed this whole post, lol.

I understand completely that certain articles/features have to be run from a corporate/monetary point of view and I respect that. I'm not telling you to cut down on ads or anything crazy because without them, there would be no magazines at all. I'm just saying, I'm personally missing the 'approachable' Truck magazine.

I /End Rant.

post photo
Truckin Max   +1y
Matt,

Thank you for your input. We are trying to get back to budget-friendly builds and a more appealing look to the magazine. I appreciate that you didn't tell us we had too many ads. We hear that so much and the fact is, every magazine has ads. That is how us editors get paid. I do have a little bit of an argument. If every feature we ran was a $5,000 build or even $15,000, we would lose readership. You can't tell me that you don't like seeing what $250,000 will get you ;) But I do understand that our readers truly enjoy trucks that were built in some guys garage who was on a real world budget. We are working every day to bring you an enjoyable, friendly magazine. Please keep us informed as to what you guys like or dislike about the magazine. If we change something in the magazine and here no feedback, we take that as negative. So please tell us what you think. Thanks again for your input. It is much appreciated.

Max
Reyna_Bros   +1y
I agree with the guys, I could see those vehicles on the cover of Dub, but not Truckin. I don't see a problem with running Titans and Tundras in good taste.
Truckin Max   +1y
Thanks Milo! I saw some of the shots of Sara's truck. Looks good man. Congrats. How's your truck coming along?
still2high   +1y
I personally didn't like the cover trucks, the tahoe is nice but that's about it, I also think that the black chevy was cover worthy but we all know that black trucks don't get put on cover :( I can't wait to see what u guys have in store next month :).. And thanks for asking for input from the scene I'm sure u guys will keep putting out a great mag!
Truckin Max   +1y
@still2high

Thanks for your input. Next month is going to be sick. I can't say exactly what will be in it but the cover truck is so sick. I will try to get a behind the scenes shot for you guys like this months.
Reyna_Bros   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Reyna_Bros said:

I agree with the guys, I could see those vehicles on the cover of Dub, but not Truckin. I don't see a problem with running Titans and Tundras in good taste.

--------------------------------------------

Thanks Max I think they came out good. My C10 is coming along nicely, I should have the frame finished with the engine and transmission in it at Tex Mex.
Truckin Max   +1y
Milo,

Sounds good. I should be at Tex Mex, if not me then one of the other guys.