Page 2 of 2
AUTOLOC \  Hide those wires with Keep It Clean

Hide those wires with Keep It Clean

AUTOLOC
views 1867
replies 19
following 16

TwistedMinis   +1y
I've never actually owned a vehicle that had any factory wiring in the door. Lol. All manual windows with no door speakers. So at most I have had 4 wires going through the door. If there was a stock loom I would use it. I do like those magnetic contacts though.
Ron_autoloc   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TwistedMinisI've never actually owned a vehicle that had any factory wiring in the door. Lol. All manual windows with no door speakers. So at most I have had 4 wires going through the door. If there was a stock loom I would use it. I do like those magnetic contacts though.--------------------------------------------- The contacts are really nice. You can add as many as you need too.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5Why not run wires through that big factory loom? I have never had a problem fitting wires through a factory loom. On my truck that did not have any wires going into the door, I ran them all the way at the bottom of the door so you couldn't see them. Why would you want to accent the wire loom in the door jam?

--------------------------------------------- suiciding doors is my reason.  and about the size... 1" would probably be good. and the thought of running more than 1 i think would look tacky
98lows10   +1y
Edited: 5/8/2009 3:18:21 PM by 98lows10

Edited: 5/8/2009 3:17:51 PM by 98lows10You guys have to remember that there is only so much room between the door jam and door when closed.   Anything too much bigger would just kink and bind when you shut the door. We have them in our 97 GMC shop truck with suicide doors.  We have both the 12" and 18" in stock at LRD! .
k24 rd6   +1y
Edited: 5/8/2009 3:48:45 PM by k24 rd6

The way these are, they have to slide on one side, otherwise they will bend in the middle which destroys the wires. Now since they slide, you will need to lubricate the metal to metal contact which attracts dirt. They are a great idea but a bad design. Wires through really need to be in a 's' or 'z' shape for wire to rotate properly with being damaged. Of course the when it rains the water will follow right down the braided sleeving and flood the car. Your picture really needs to change to something without a proper rubber boot in it. If someone put on of these things in when there is aboot already there, it shows laziness and stupidity.  Whether or not there considered 'detail', I would say not, since the detailed way would be to do it right.
tre5   +1y

^^^^church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
corey0814   +1y

i didn't mean to start a war or anything...sorry guys.  i agree that spending that kind of money is a bit over the top, especially if you already have the factory rubber one, but in my case my doors are suicide so there was nothing on the back side & i thought it would be really nice looking instead of electrical tape or that cheap looking corrigated wire loom.  i thought it was a very nice touch...it's just too bad it kinked in the middle for me.

tre5   +1y
Do what I did on my Mazda. I ran them all the way at the bottom of the door. I used some plastic fule line I had left over. Yeah, I know the door jams are dirty, but you get the idea. You can't even see it unless you look hard for it.  

post photo
post photo
post photo
simple-pleasurez   +1y
jance who are those made by? or are they one off?