Build-Ups General Discussions
views 11099
replies 36
following 12

leydbck   +1y
These showed up yesterday
post photo
leydbck   +1y
Work on the truck is still kind of slow. We are having our house reappraised so I have been spending my free time fixing a thousand little things around here...Such a pain in the ass. Things are about to happen though. Just picked up 24ft of 2x3 3/16 wall steel so I can build my new back half. Also getting ready to order some new lower link bars so I can mount my cylinders to them and get them under the bed, and ordering my whammy tank from Dice.
post photo
jaredmxg   +1y
If you don't already have one, I would recommend a porta band bandsaw. it will speed so much time up and and make cleaner cuts, plus its quieter than any other option, its safer, and it leaves a smaller pile of shavings. You can also use it on sheet metal projects which i do all the time. You can never have to many tools, lol.
leydbck   +1y
I have kind of been looking at saws. My dad has a chop saw that we used when we built his dump trailer, but it is loud, makes a mess and eats a lot of material. Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping to get started on this in a few weeks.
leydbck   +1y
This just arrived today. Super jacked!
Dice Suspension Whammy setup, black anodized motor cap and blocks with mirrored ports. I must say I love this pump(s) The hidden hardware and mirrored blocks really help keep it clean but what surprised me was the multiple motor mounting points that allowed me to hide the battery leads. I am really big about hiding wires and keeping plumbing clean, the devil is in the details.
post photo
jaredmxg   +1y
hiding everything makes all the difference. It will look great with that setup.
leydbck   +1y
Still working on the house...But my saw died, it's raining and I have to go buy some wood. So I said F*ck it and decided to start cutting out my frame rails. I only got one side done, I should have the other side next week sometime.
post photo
leydbck   +1y
Got both sides of my rails cut and welded up. Now to build cross-members.
post photo
post photo
leydbck   +1y
Nothing really new to post, I was out of town last weekend for work and came home sick. So I have just been dealing with that. I did purchase a set of 18" 2013 Camaro steel wheels. I want to keep a factory look to the truck but still run a bigger wheel, These will do just that. I also got some new lower link bars which will allow me to mount the cylinder to them instead of the rear end.
post photo
jaredmxg   +1y
sounds like a plan. Than band-saw sure speeds things up huh? This is the newer version of what I have, but is sure makes life easier. http://www.toolbarn.com/milwaukee-2729-20.html?ad=6793177557