Mitsu Macro Cab - turbo swap, bags

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 6826
replies 33
following 12

droppedmitsu   +1y
Sweet, thanks Gary I'll look into it.
jaredmxg   +1y
Looking good. glad you are getting some pictures posted up. Keep up the work on it.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Thanks Jared. I am finally doing some real work to it and figured I would do what I could to help the site out and try to get more activity going.

Been working on my front end and powder coating some items.

Here are some lower control arms I powder coated Deep Purple for my buddies mighty max. Still have to do the other three once they are ready.

Here's my pie-cut upper control arms coated in Platinum.
Just installed my new Moog ball joints right after I snapped this pic. Have to put the cross shafts back in and they'll be ready to go.
post photo
post photo
cookiemonster13   +1y
very nice work. truck should be a blast to drive
maz duh   +1y
Good work on keeping it DSM! Shoud be a fun ride with a turbo spinning under the hood. Are you doing the powder coating at home?
droppedmitsu   +1y
thanks guys, yes had to keep it Mitsu/DSM. And believe me it is a blast in these trucks, ive had this motor in this truck and another one for about 5 years now.

Yea I am powder coating at my house, bought/put together a powder coating/ and media blasting setup at home. Best investment ever I think. I'm trying to get a side business going with it so If ya need anything done lol....

Should have some more pics/updates soon, been doing more work to it lately.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Passenger side is basically done, just need to fully weld up the new lower arm brackets.

Here's a shot with everything bolted up and checking that all my math worked out.
You can see my 3000gt 4pot calipers and 12.5" rotors too.
post photo
post photo
droppedmitsu   +1y
Been a while since an update, finally got something worth showing. Passenger side is pretty much all done in terms of welding, smoothing, and painting. Also finished up getting the vr4 calipers and 12.5" rotors mounted. I powder coated the calipers a high temp metallic bronze, I think it looks pretty sweet.Still need to install the vr4 master cylinder and make the lines to the calipers.

Fills the voids left by the 18s real well.

Tucking just a little bit of rim :)
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Scoobysmak   +1y
Love seeing this truck, keep it up
droppedmitsu   +1y
Thank you sir, comments like yours definitely help keep motivated.