threads
Page 4 of 10
Street Source Suggestions \  So what is going on? SSM Transfer.

So what is going on? SSM Transfer.

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 3766
replies 95
following 61

baha   +1y
That's a good idea JTB! I'll add that to the list.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
just like every mag i loved the show coverage and the features. not just trucks. cars and imports too. this is street source not minitruck source.
FXDGRND   +1y
The show uploader was great for being current on shows. If you bring back the mag features writes up then maybe links to show coverage. The problem with the last round of magazine was alot of build up and not alot of results for the hype. As JT said polls on ideas would be good. Seems that the louder you are the more important your idea seems.
bcrunk   +1y
i wouldnt mind the magazine setup, as long as its fully functional. i hate mags online that dont work well. but it will be nice seeing this site come back to its former glory
GraphicDisorder   +1y
In my opinion the whole idea of a website to start with is to bring information fast!!!!! Faster than print....this sites magazines have never really done that, or at least not consistently, I would suggest this site does not need a magazine but in it's place just MUCH faster coverage than other sites are offering, owner profiles that are easy to use, and a unmatched forum. This site could be that. If people still think it needs something like a "magazine" then just do features a few times a year on certain trucks. I think the reality is it should be user driven as far as the reasons people come here. Let the people make this place popular again, thats what made it popular before. SSM got away from that and tried to provide everything themselves. That requires man power, time, money, and so on. I think if you build the site to make it user friendly where people can provide their show coverage, their truck builds, and info about their business/events/happenings then I think this site will shine via its USERS.
lunatiksblazer   +1y
I agree with Brandt. The show coverage pictures were the only thing I ever really looked at myself. If I want to read a magazine I grab Minitruck or Sport truck. One thing I remembered as being a draw for me when I became a member was the tech archives where guys would do write ups on how to do stuff.
VB0243   +1y
So what to chances of the old version of SSM coming back? By the way thank you very much for saving this site.....
NtotheIZZATEDOG   +1y
Hi Robert, I agree with Brandt too....don't overwhelm yourself with a big production. Start by focusing on what is appealing to the masses AND realistic to maintain. I believe it's important to stick to the core reasons SSM became so important to keep around, and don't get lost along the way with every singular request. I do think polls would be helpful, but maybe the choices offered in polls should be ideas which are reasonably maintainable, and not simply whatever happens to be the most popular. It's a balancing act of what people want, and what can be realistically / responsibly offered.

I think folks got a warning shot that SSM could disappear, so you have their attention. Now people need to make an effort to use this site or we may end up at doomsday again.

Thank you Kris and Bob for allowing a solution and not pulling the plug. Kris, thank you for all you have done. And congrats on your new acquisition Robert!
jiggawho111   +1y
Good luck! I have actually been a lurker since around 2002. Hope you can expand it to more then just minitrucks again. it was really cool back in the uncle luke and dougie fresh days!
FluffyFreak   +1y
thank god!!!! loved this site for many years and want it to go back to its former glory!!! plus of all the forums ive always got the best tech and fab related answers to my questions here!