threads
Page 3 of 4
Street Source Suggestions \  What ruined SSM?

What ruined SSM?

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 1344
replies 32
following 29

22below   +1y
Yes, I like the real opinions of people. With facebook cant you delete things people write on your page if you don't like the comment? Lets get real and understand that hate is almost the same thing as love. At least you are getting someones opinion. My projects always have gotten a lot of love and hate. Its just part of life.
FXDGRND   +1y
I think Brad is saying he would rather see someone be honest about say a suspension installation instead of just sunshine. Countless times I have seen horrible unsafe work get 'wow thats awesome' etc. Instead of that's not safe you should do it X way. Max used to do that all the time.
impounded dakota   +1y
This site dying had nothing to do with facebook, if that were true, why didn't myspace kill it first?

People coming to this site made it, gave it it's personality. Kris, at one point when he wasn't being lazy, had his hand on the pulse of the people who joined the site, and made minimal but necessary changes. It was one of the very few car enthusiast sites left on the net that wasn't locked into the v-bulletin pre-formed ugliness, that we were all forced to deal with when we left the site.

The sites down fall began when we lost faith in the people running it, when kris wouldn't ban trouble makers and fester catered to anyone in the room at the time, and mods were created out of people who did nothing. those of us who craved some sort of form, were constantly disappointed by rules being ignored.

The nail in the coffin was alloying the devil (AIM) into the fold, and defending them to people who have been burned by them for FUCKING YEARS. Bob had nothing to do with this, if anything, he was a last ditch effort to save a dying person, and he just didn't happen to know CPR. I don't blame bob, i blame the person who is quick to blame the rest of the world for his own mistakes.
impounded dakota   +1y
allowed*
driptruck   +1y
I proved your point and you proved mine :) I don't blame Bob, just dissapointed in his actions. Kris this is your department, your job. When you lost hope you should have offer for others to help. It can be suprising just how resourcefull as a group we can be.
When you shut it down a peice of history goes too, and your responsible. Just how will you be remembered?..... Maybe you won't? .......Sad.
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Well, the comments just reinforce the choice. SSM doesn't have the love and i need to let it go. What's done is done. I wish you all well..
dropdead   +1y
AIM - LOL its like the walmart of minitruckin
truck action   +1y
No love ,you sound like a 5 year old kid ,not happy with their Christmas or birthday gift!! Walk away,seems like what you do best!!
And that is what little children do , man up !!
impounded dakota   +1y
Well said Gary
NaviGangsta   +1y
This place was a blast back when the Chatroom was packed at all times of the day. I miss those days :-/
Everything started going downhill when that drag racing game was made.