threads
Page 2 of 4
Street Source Suggestions \  What ruined SSM?

What ruined SSM?

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 1342
replies 32
following 29

SSM-Webmaster   +1y
But that's all in the past now.. hind site is 20/20.. :)
sicsan   +1y
This site got ruined when the old page was redone and know one knew how to operate on it. but Its not just that. About the time it started slowing down there was a lot of shops that were taking peoples money and not finishing stuff. I can name a couple. Then people started drifting away to something else not to get ripped off on.I been on here since 2001, Used to stay on this site. always thought the charge was dumb. A lot of people from when it was good went on to something else.......Sucks.....
myfirstGMC   +1y
It's not just SSM. Look at showtruckscene, how long has it been gone? My local state truck scene forum is all but dead. Even the brand specific non-scene truck forums have very little traffic now a days. Could be facebook, could be the shitty economy or gas prices, could very well be that people can't take getting butt hurt when someone calls out their shitty work. Who knows.
donobird   +1y
What killed the site is when a lot of mini truckers traded in their black socks and Red Diamond Tea for some hair grease and Paps Blue Ribbon beer. Shops went from Kustoms to Speed Shop and half the folks moved over to the HAMB. Face it Rust is cheaper than billet. Plus you have a lot of folks that look but don
truck action   +1y
Hey Kris, yes Mini Truckin' has a Facebook page, though I have never visit it!
And a web page also, but I have been subscribing to their Mag, yeah the
one in print & on paper, for almost since they started!!
Along with a few others.

And one more thing, guess you are now just another quieter, like so many that start a project only to give up along the way!!
dropdead   +1y
people just looking at the site and not interacting with posts... really like how im always logged in now.
Scoobysmak   +1y
Shows turning into drunk fest Vs building a quality ride. People showing up at noon with a dirty truck expecting it to take home a trophy. No respect for others just starting out or thinking they better than everyone else. Not keeping entry level classes around, when I first started adjustable suspension was 1 out of 10 trucks. Now I would say 60% or more are on adjustable suspension. Someone body drop's a ride on 22's and doesn't clean it, I would rather give an award for the guy rolling static on 17's with a clean ride that spent the time to care for the hobby, not just how much money they spent.

This is more what ruined the sport of Minitruckin and not SSM. If there are fewer people in the sport then its obvious what will happen. Will it ever die, hell no cause I know myself and a few others that will never quit.

SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Did I really see brad say he LIKED the hate? And nobody was offended by that or anything. The minitruck world, scene whatever has become a hate feat and nobody cares. Or the people that do care don't stand up and be heard. At least I don't see it. I was at west coast and the crap that people were yelling to trucks riding by was just nasty. I remember when it was friendly. That's what killed ssm. I know.
driptruck   +1y
I have been reading and thinking about this site. I have been on here since it became SS. Participation has had a bad effect on this site for years just like the truck community. Up then down. The bottom line is the the ONLY thing that KILLED this site is Kris Bloom and Bob Hase. Period!
Self promotion is why you run this site, that is why you do it for free. Posting on FB first? FAIL! This is your legacy? I have respected you guy's for years! Bob I still kind of do. But the dictator way you have run this site and close it without spending time trying to get new ownership? I am so dissapointed in the two of you it makes me glad I never got the chance to personally shake your hands. And if you do shut this site down the way you say you are going to, when the day comes I do meet either of you at a show you won't deserve it! You have taken a very large piece of the Minitruckin Community away from Minitruckers! Is that really what you want to be known for? DISLIKE!
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Thanks for proving my point :)