threads
Page 1 of 4
Street Source Suggestions \  What ruined SSM?

What ruined SSM?

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 1335
replies 32
following 29

22below   +1y
I think he beginning of the end was this "no hating" bull crap.
22below   +1y
Limiting peoples opinion really ruined things. I loved all the hate and REAL opinions that people used to give on this site. Then all of a sudden we became little babies and couldn't handle a negative opinion.
22below   +1y
I guess I should just give up on both my projects too.
VB0243   +1y
I live in Phoenix and follow you Excursion build hoping to one day catch it a show completed! Thanks for posting your build here. What ruined SSM? New format website, the lack of build threads. Still the best Website for our scene!!
dragwithme   +1y
brad have not seen u in years ,, never go to see the ranger finish
dragwithme   +1y
and mini truckers are to blaim
truck action   +1y
Wrong on the Mini Truckers part! We do get a lot of bad rap & not much recognition from the hot rod community. But most of us have & do support this site & the building of any & all rides!
I do hope another site of this type will come forth ,so ideas & options can be shared!
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
gary.. that site is facebook :) Come on.. you know it's true.. thats what killed SSM. the world no longer needs a site site SSM..
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Kris, you really believe that facebook is what killed this site? and not anything else at all? Give me a break man, that's just blaming the obvious.

How about the lack of any moderation staff for years now on the site? How about the lack of anyone in charge that even gave a fuck about the day to day operation of the site, and people interacting on the site? Ive been here for over a decade, and for the last 5 years this site has been declining, and the breaking point was the makeover of the site, that did nothing by confuse people, and they didn't bother coming back.

Facebook did absolutely take away from the traffic on this site, that is a fact, but things were going down hill here long before facebook got their grip on people. Not that long ago, I used to get excited when the moderation staff would ask me to give away some product, or clothing for a raffle, or give away, and i gladly did it for free, because that was a step in the right direction, to get people on the site, and visiting the forums. Did it help me out, absolutely, did it help the site out, for sure. Then it all stopped, not much after Joe Morrow got his paws in the mix, and pretty much ran the site. Then the spam set in, and the people that were in charge of the site, didn't even seem like the visited it at all.

Facebook did not help anything when it comes to the decline of traffic to the site, but to blame it solely on facebook, is just the easy way out.

SSM-Webmaster   +1y
noooooo please don't get me wrong.. lots of things hurt SSM..