Page 4 of 5
Street Source Suggestions \  Street Source Old and New

Street Source Old and New

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 1818
replies 44
following 25

SSM-Webmaster   +1y
taylor, there is no limit to the comments size.. Taylor.. can you reproduce the problem? I don't mind you creating a topic and testing posts in it.. see if you can make it happen again
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Kris, I have SSM open in another window right now, trying to post my long comment, with a large list of problems from my viewpoint..., and it has been saying "please wait, posting" for 35 minuets now. Meanwhile, im able to post this one from a separate window, no problem.
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
how long is it? can you email me the text u were posting to kris@streetsource.com?
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Josh, i added the states back into the events page again :) anything else?
droppedmitsu   +1y
Mobile version doesn't work very well for me. Very hard to get the page to scroll around and see everything. Droid Razr HD Android version 4.1.1
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Kris, its not all that long, but im not counting the letters, thats a waste of time. Its still "please wait, posting comment" . Even shut the computer down, and re-started, and got the same thing, latest one has been pending for 6 hours now.

Ive been an active member for 12 years. Until the site made its change for the worse, i checked this place 20-40 times a day, minimum. The day the new site went up, i found my self checking the site less and less each day, untill eventually going a couple days without looking. And trust me, Im not alone, this is the thoughts and comments of a number of other people, on different forums that have now gotten more popular with SSM gone. You think that people said the site sucked before the change? Isnt that what bob started this post in saying? Thats now how it went. The people thought the old site sucked becuase of the lack of moderation, and presence of a moderation staff and the just plan lack of anybody in charge who cared. Its bull shit that member should have to do the leg work in taking care of a spam problem on the site, by showing you where each spam posting was, like you didnt even browse the forum.

..... Continued Below......

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
If you want to do away with a forum, thats fine, thats your choice, but there are still places for forums on the internet, and lots of them are doing great with the lack of presence of SSM now. You can say this is a forum all you want, but its not. This is why.

-Shift +Enter. That is facebook shit, leave it there.

-You cannot quote peoples text. That is a key feature on a forum, and it promotes interaction between people who use the forum. Not having it makes it nearly impossible to answer peoples particular questions, efficantly.

-Side scrolling. WTF. Side scrolling is for phones. When you have side scrolling on a desktop website, you are pretty much saying, dont worry about that is over there, its not importatnt. I didnt even know there was side scrolling on this desktop site for a few weeks, and once i found out, i never even bothered to side scroll.

.....Continued Below.......

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I give up. Ive been trying to post the remainder of my message for over an hour now. the site wont allow it.
MS Prez   +1y
Taylor, I just did a test with a large amount of text and it seamed to work fine. http://www.streetsource.com/Forums/5/Topic/83334 If you can, email what you wanted to post to bryan@streetsource.com and we will what is causing the problem you are experiencing. Thanks.
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Ok taylor.. don't get upset with us.. We do SSM as a hobby. As a matter of fact, we pay for hosting out of our pocket. We don't get paid to do this, we do it for the community (for you) :) please be patient with us.. I do appreciate your help :)