Build-Ups \  Project "Back to Skool" my old high school mini rebuild

Project "Back to Skool" my old high school mini rebuild

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 9730
replies 153
following 52

bagged95s10   +1y
Edited: 11/15/2011 9:55:09 PM by bagged95s10

This is my old highschool mini i bought stock when i was 15, it was featured in tailgate 2003 and SSM in 2002, in 2004 i bought my xcab project from a customer/buddy of mine and used my engine and parts to finish it. Now that it is done its time to finish what i had planned....

Here's a few pics of it from 2002ish

bagged95s10   +1y
Edited: 11/15/2011 9:58:12 PM by bagged95s10

So now on to the good part, i decided to chop the top 1.25", suicide doors, and the dash is out of a 52 chevy deluxe..top choppeddoor frame cut and laying back glassframe back on and mirror shaved with radiusmetal finishedmarking rear window frame to resize, lowered 3/4" glass molding removed and mounted flush with a 1/8" gap when finishedstill need to cut sides of frame and move in about 1/2"

chop top VS stock top on my 97

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
Edited: 11/16/2011 7:02:34 AM by bagged95s10

this is the chassis i built and robbed in 2004 for my xcab, i will be building a new SBC for it and rebuilding the frame from firewall back with 2x4 mandrel bent rails. its already has a 3.25" tradition body drop i did yrs back or i would stock floor it. the front suspension went on my 97 xcab so it will be all new flat plate arms with big brakes. i still have the 9 yr old wheels with new tires still on them.. they are 18's with a staggered tire size, ide like 20's for the rear but ima go with what i got for now and prove u can still roll smaller wheels and have a killer ride. the SBC will be nastalgic styled with a 6x2 intake and 9super7 chrome carbs with velocity stacks, finned valve covers plenty of polished parts and power, should have metal work/ new firewall ect. done by end of year and start the chassis ASAP stay tuned....the wheels 18x8 boyd coddington rollers
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Evil s10   +1y
nicee
8tninedime   +1y
mighty fine work!
Whiplash   +1y
I can't find pix to compare it to but if I can remember correctly, this paint looks like the one that was built by Jimmy's Rods in Florida. It has a newer envoy front end or something similar. I believe he is in Anybody know what truck I'm talking about?
Whiplash   +1y
nope... way off. Brain Fart!

http://www.streetsource.com/issues2/viewPhoto.aspx?Type=Magazine+Show+Coverage&Photo=/uploads/Ownerprofiles/bd94s10/217201192222PM67001.jpg&Thumbnail=%2fuploads%2fOwnerprofiles%2fbd94s10%2f217201192222PM67001_tn.jpg
juicedwagon   +1y
i cant wait to see what you do with it. i like the fact your not using big ass wheels.
bagged95s10   +1y
Edited: 11/16/2011 2:11:05 PM by bagged95s10

--------------------------------------------

Whiplash said:

I can't find pix to compare it to but if I can remember correctly, this paint looks like the one that was built by Jimmy's Rods in Florida. It has a newer envoy front end or something similar. I believe he is in Anybody know what truck I'm talking about?

--------------------------------------------

That truck always reminded me of mine Very nice build with a lot of detail! Dont know what happened to it tho..
Whiplash   +1y
I heard it was finished but never saw a complete truck. LOVE your paint/graphics. Will you change it or repaint it the same way?